Yep hacks!

hardware/software.. whatever!

I'm yet to find any software hacks for the Nikon D's (I've read, and seen firmwares that turn a 300D into a 10D!! )... but, the one hardware hack I've so far found, invloves a universal programmable IR remote, and a D70s.

The remote I had from many moons ago, thinking it may come in handy one day

..... boy was I right!
I got it for the broken TV remote replacement, but no way on gods earth would it work with my TV! (it worked with the DVD though)

Got me a 'cheap' IR/wireless remote for the D70s now!

The problem was always going to be what code to program into the programmable remote

I searched for ages and found two or three forum threads that alluded to using JVC TV, Sony TV, and Sony VCR player codes.

For my 'el-cheapo', $5 Chunghop ( ) brand remote it turns out that Sony VCR code works

The buttons that work turn out to be randomly placed, so far I've found 4 or 5 that work, and some work with AF-Shutter, others work with shutter only(no AF)...

whoot!

ps. this is a temporary situation until I can get me-self both the wireless and cord remotes!
I'm not going to lug around a fullsized multifunction TV remote

pps. I did find a program to do similar things with a Palm IR port. I didn't find anything interesting to run on Windows Mobile devices though.

...now I'm off to make me a cheap reflector!

If you know of any hacks or tips in a similar vein..... please post!