Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Canon lenses on Nikon Z mount

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon lenses on Nikon Z mount

As someone who now has a Nikon mirrorless I thought this was interesting although I doubt Nikon will think it's a good idea.
    https://petapixel.com/2020/01/06/new...stabilization/
    Glenda

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    manual adaptors have been around for years. It was only time till someone worked out how to do them so that AF etc worked.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nikon Z is one of the most, if not most adaptable lens mounts currently out.
    You can fit almost any lens to it due to it having the shortest backfocal/register distance.

One of the reasons I was thinking of getting a Z myself was really only for this property(still don't like mirrorless cameras personally).
    But the ability to adapt all manner of lenses and have infinity focus(if needed) is nice.

This is only one of a massive range of adapters out there for the Z system, most are cheaper manual only as Rick said.
    Electronically communicable adapters have been available for a while now.

What was quite common when the Z first came to market was Sony FE/E mount to Nikon Z adapters.
    A lot of Nikon users changed to Sony mirrorless, then changed from Sony to Z, but wanted to keep Sony lenses(I'd say cost).
    So the Sony E to Nikon Z adapter was probably the most sought after around the world initially.
    I think some do electronic communication(AF and EXIF and stuff too).
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N