User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: camera backback help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

camera backback help

First of all, sorry for what is my bed its my main workspace because small bedroom.

Now onto the main issue: got bitten by the photography bug again and need a camera bag but heres my sticking point, when i go fishing i love to do some photography, ive been doing it on my phone but even with its manual mode it doesnt feel the same as using my main camera so i want to take it out again but thats the sticking point i cant because i cant find a bag i like and i dont want it lose in one of my other ones by mistake.

A few things i would want the bag to have: back access (because im paranoid as hell with gear like this even my ipad i keep hidden unless being used), deep enough to hide most of the fishing rod in (its a 2 peice carbon fibre rod so needs protection), a way to carry my tripod (this one stinks but was a cheapie so will be changed but a way to carry one would be good).

Any help is amazing also please take into consideration for choice i am also adding a mavic mini with the fly more stuff to the list of gear so would be good to carry that aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Saph, the only thing I can suggest is to wonder on down to your local camera shop and explain your needs there. Camera bags like everything else in life is a personal choice and changes over time. There's nothing quite like walking into a decent shop to explore your options whilst also supporting local business owners. Due to my GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) I have several bags My latest and probably final bag (because it's a serious expedition camera back-pack) is my F-Stop Tilopa. It's been around the world with me, rugged, well designed great weather sealing and I like that it opens from the back which is great as I can drop it in the mud to access camera and all the back pack straps and back of pack remain clean, it also fits in the overhead lockers of most aircraft. Good luck

D850
    | D4s | D500 | Nikkor Glass

"and the mountains shall bring peace to the people"...

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly View Post
    ..... Camera bags like everything else in life is a personal choice and changes over time. ....
    This!

With that in mind, don't be afraid to look for a second hand one either. Because some folks buy something and change minds, or circumstances, it's easy to find a model that suits your needs(for now), doesn't cost the earth and is easier to replace(financially) if you find out it wasn't the perfect choice.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, defently gonna look about for one because my back can be a pain so it needs to fit right.

Looked at the peter mkinnonxnomadic one and my eyes watered at 650 dollars for it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One piece of advice I can give is don’t get the single strap slingshot type get the double shoulder strap type, carrying your gear for a period of time with a single strap bag you will get a sore shoulder.

Al

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by axle01 View Post
    One piece of advice I can give is don’t get the single strap slingshot type get the double shoulder strap type, carrying your gear for a period of time with a single strap bag you will get a sore shoulder.

Al

yea i cant use that kind of bag anyways, giant bone spurr in my shoulder plus learned not to get them early in my fishing journy because 5kg of lead on one shoulder? not a fun day at all.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update to this, went to camera house and for a beginning backpack im looking around 170 dollars i belive it was.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further update: bag secured and loving so far with limited testing.

Crumpler the flying duck full backpack: has the fetures i like and doesnt make my shoulders feel like hell and can fit everything i currently need.

All filled out with my tripod on the bottom that i very much like.

The back panel for the camera compartment, all velcroed in aswell so easy to change about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    Further update: bag secured and loving so far with limited testing.

Crumpler the flying duck full backpack: has the fetures i like and doesnt make my shoulders feel like hell and can fit everything i currently need.

https://i.imgur.com/T7pNFMqm.jpg

All filled out with my tripod on the bottom that i very much like.

The back panel for the camera compartment, all velcroed in aswell so easy to change about.

https://i.imgur.com/V7e2prsm.jpg
    Well done Saph, glad you went to a retail store instead of online

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly View Post
    Well done Saph, glad you went to a retail store instead of online

that was online since most places where out of stock of that bag. so was a pure gamble but paid off with alot of researching it first.