Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: 1Dx2 Battery going flat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1Dx2 Battery going flat

Howdy,
    Anyone have any idea what would make a Canon 1DX2 body drain the battery overnight while in the off position?
    I welcome and ideas on whether anyone else has this problem, or if there is a setting I am not thinking of or if there is possibly a defect in my camera.

If i leave the batteries out once full charged - all 3 batteries (all genuine canon) work for a full normal shoot usage, so its not a capacity problem.
    This is only a new problem that appears to have occurred now, this particular body and even my older 1D/5d series cameras maintained their batteries for months when left in the bodies.

I do have the GPS & Auto time update disabled since I know that would contribute.
    I have flashed/updated firmware, reset camera back too default, and the problem still occurred.
    Hayden

Canon Collector
    My Flickr

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds very much like a hardware fault to me. Hope not! But the batteries hold charge when outside the camera, there are three of them all the same, and they deliver something like full performance when in actual use - so I'm thinking something that is triggering the drain. A small short, or a sticking switch that is keeping some function (such as the AF, for example) active. Does the camera seem to go to sleep after the usual period of inactivity? That might give a hint.
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    It sounds very much like a hardware fault to me. Hope not! But the batteries hold charge when outside the camera, there are three of them all the same, and they deliver something like full performance when in actual use - so I'm thinking something that is triggering the drain. A small short, or a sticking switch that is keeping some function (such as the AF, for example) active. Does the camera seem to go to sleep after the usual period of inactivity? That might give a hint.
    Haven't tried that - will test that auto sleep feature, but I feel the same likely to be a fault

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my camera body back from canon - there was a faulty internal module. Had that replaced and all is good again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent!