Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: My latest creative entry

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My latest creative entry

My favourite sort of competition in my "real world" club is the creative comp, and I've posted some of my entries here before. This is my latest.

If nothing else, it keeps me amused.

This is the image I started out with .....

smaller_grave original.jpg

and this is what I ended up with.

smaller_Old Habits Die Hard-Final.jpg

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you have lots of fun with these type of entries Bob. The epitaph makes this one for me - hilarious but also frightening as it's such a strong possibility. I still can't believe people think they are capable of driving and texting at the same time . Also that generation will surely have neck problems in the future because of that unnatural position it adopts as they constantly look down at their phones.
    Glenda

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    Sounds like you have lots of fun with these type of entries Bob. The epitaph makes this one for me - hilarious but also frightening as it's such a strong possibility. I still can't believe people think they are capable of driving and texting at the same time . Also that generation will surely have neck problems in the future because of that unnatural position it adopts as they constantly look down at their phones.
    Thanks Glenda, and it is a lot of fun. I've been in camera clubs for a long time and I've really moved past the standard "take a photo, enter it in a competition, win/lose, repeat" cycle. This is more entertaining and has endless possibilities. I like my photography to be something that gives me more than just pretty pictures. This sort of thing is a replacement for the fact that I can't draw, otherwise I'd do cartoons!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it
    Gear: Panasonic Lumix FZ200 / Huawei Mate 20 / LR 5, PSE 12, Da Vinci resolve

"I may be crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is brilliant. My only question is the year. The phone he is holding is too recent for his death year

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
    John Blackburn

"Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tandeejay View Post
    I think it is brilliant. My only question is the year. The phone he is holding is too recent for his death year

Good point! I hadn't thought of that. Oh well, too late now - I've already entered it. Glad you like it - let's hope the judge does, but unfortunately I don't think this particular judge is a fan of this sort of shot.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love your attention to detail: Rest in Pieces

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tandeejay View Post
    Love your attention to detail: Rest in Pieces

These comps are interesting because it is all about detail. Often there are details that no-one even notices, but it's the combination of those details that works. Most people probably won't notice the eyes of the owl, but that's just another little detail that's in there. There are 25 layers all up !