User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Canons beta webcam utility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canons beta webcam utility

So going through youtube channels a few days ago and found a video that showed the person using their canon camera as a webcam, now you cant do this normaly as canon dont allow it but they did include a link to the usa canon site and in it had a utility for your pc that can turn it into a webcam via usb and video mode so i installed and tested it out and it works fine. Im going to provide it for download but it is a u.s software and will not be supported by canon in australia if you do download it.

I have tested it and it does work with my camera you just have to convert your camera into its american model release to download it via the site, it does not affect any functions of the camera itself.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...ebcam-utility/ NOTE: this is a beta webcam software for canon camera's only please do not download it for a different brand and then say it does not work, for a software like this for your brand of camera please consult your cameras manufacture website. I take no responsobility for anything that may arise of your use of this utility.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the worst is the ghastly (US) hype and spelling, as here:
    "With so many of us relying on video calls to stay connected during these challenging times, the caliber of that connection is key..."

I can think of some of the "challenges" they must be referring to

I'm wondering how different this would be from "tethering" cameras to PCs?
    Last edited by ameerat42; 11-06-2020 at 4:26pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    I'm wondering how different this would be from "tethering" cameras to PCs?
    I dont get what you mean? this runs via usb connection but works well since it means you dont need a bunch of extra gear for it to work.

If you have taken images from the camera's sd card because you dont have a way to do it via reader its the same connection just in video mode.