Thread: Subtitles in Video Clips...

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subtitles in Video Clips...

[Just FYI]
    Sooo many videos taken by phone cam, and sometimes you want to add a series of sub-titles where
    the sound of a voice might be indistinct...

Yes... OK... Fair-renuff...

So in 2020 AD you'd think Windows would have caught up with the trend and would have provided
    some means of doing this...

etc...

Nt really! They have Movie Maker, but it's like driving a truck - from the back of the table-top!

After much searching of the web, using several search phrases, I finally came across a free program
    called MiniTool MovieMaker. It's also like driving a truck, but at least from the driver's seat. So I tried
    it out because I also have a disk performance program from the same crowd, and it's

It comes with a couple of optional extra programs, and so I got a Youtube downloader, which I thought
    might come in handy

This MTMM lets you insert text from the storyboard, unlike some programs (like VLC Media Player) which
    need a separate subtitle file. I tried doing it that way yesterday and got a BLANK SCREEN

And MTMM lets you export the sub-titled video in 3 different quality settings, and I chose the middle one,
    which shrank the original clip to about 40% of its original size and still looked quite good.
    [/Just FYI]
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmm youtube can autromatically do sub titles but they are done phonetically and are not always accurate - and yeah probably wouldn't work at all in situations as you describe with indistinct voice.

Thanks for the tip I'll check it out in due course.
    Gear: Panasonic Lumix FZ200 / Huawei Mate 20 / LR 5, PSE 12, Da Vinci resolve

"I may be crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've learnt about SRT files since -easy enough - but I prefer to do it visually onto the storyboard
    for my simple application, and not have to worry about 2 separate files.