[Just FYI]
Sooo many videos taken by phone cam, and sometimes you want to add a series of sub-titles where
the sound of a voice might be indistinct...

Yes... OK... Fair-renuff...

So in 2020 AD you'd think Windows would have caught up with the trend and would have provided
some means of doing this...

etc...

Nt really! They have Movie Maker, but it's like driving a truck - from the back of the table-top!

After much searching of the web, using several search phrases, I finally came across a free program
called MiniTool MovieMaker. It's also like driving a truck, but at least from the driver's seat. So I tried
it out because I also have a disk performance program from the same crowd, and it's

It comes with a couple of optional extra programs, and so I got a Youtube downloader, which I thought
might come in handy

This MTMM lets you insert text from the storyboard, unlike some programs (like VLC Media Player) which
need a separate subtitle file. I tried doing it that way yesterday and got a BLANK SCREEN

And MTMM lets you export the sub-titled video in 3 different quality settings, and I chose the middle one,
which shrank the original clip to about 40% of its original size and still looked quite good.
[/Just FYI]