Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reconciling my gear

Hi,

I have been an amature photographer for a number of years, starting around 2005 with Nikon D70 then D200 and later D700. I was photography mad when I started and it lasted until about 2013 when kids and the job required more attention and the passion kind of slowly fizzled out.

I still get "spikes" of passion but my life style is pretty busy. I have a demanding job requiring a lot of domestic and international travel. I also love trail running and go to a few Australia based and international events. What I am getting is I travel quiet a bit (not now obviously) but my current gear, i.e. Nikon D700 with vertical grip, Nikkor 70-200 AF, etc do not let me bring my photo gear with me and hence most very occasional photography I get to do now is of my kids and my dog lol!

I want to re-ignite my long lost passion and I think one of the ways to do it is convert to something more practical to my life style... I was thinking about a Leica camera. I know they are extremely expensive but I was thinking may be an entry model? What about a Lecia D-Lux 7 set with the kit lens? The photography I want to do is street photography and family photos, may be some macros (not necessary).

I currently have and very rarely use: Nikon D700, Nikkor 50 mm f1.4; Nikkor 20-35 f2.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF, Nikon flash, studio kit and other stuff. All of these I rarely use for the above mentioned reasons. I don't see it improving or changing. I haven't taken my camera on any of my travels for years.

ADMIN *edited and removed - breaches the site rules*

I would also prefer to work with RAW file format rather than jpeg and would prefer not to use point and shoot options hence Leica is what I am thinking about but I have been out of the gear market for a long while and hence don't really know my way around now but love the look and feel of Leicas.

Looking forward to thoughts/ questions/ recommendations.

Thanks

Alex
    Last edited by ricktas; 10-05-2020 at 7:36pm.