Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Graduating from a smart phone to a real camera

Hi all.
    Will attempt to keep this succinct.
    I live right infront of a national park so I have an abundance of photo opportunities. I have recently been taking a lot of photos with my phone and I feel like I’d like to try dabble in some more serious photography. Furthermore – there’s a lot of wildlife I come across and obviously an iPhone has some shortcomings when it comes to closing distances.
    What do I take photos of? Primarily landscape and wildlife. Birds too – but don’t think I want to be a hardcore bird photographer (as much as I love their work!)
    I take a lot of photos in mid light – sunrise and sun set.
    I’m looking at moving up without spending huge. I’m thinking $800 ish?
    What can I consider? I’m open to second hand. I’ve had bridge cameras mentioned to me.
    Appreciate any guidance here.

Just a few additional notes:

- I’m happy consider getting a setup that gives me landscape photos and can look at getting a lens to help me stretch out later.
    - Although I’m open to considering a bridge camera - I’m also worried it’s not going to be much of an improvement on my current iPhoneXR, and less to with the iPhone 11Pro I have on the way (other than zoom capabilities)
    - This may not matter as much, however first and foremost I walk the bush. I don’t go out there with the primary reason to take photos. I get out there to, well, get out there. I climb hills, cross creeks, fall on my bum, get rained on. Not sure this would impact my options tho.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by ricktas; 26-04-2020 at 8:19am.