Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
Have not used Luminar 4, however outside of photoshop or lightroom, paintshop pro (PSP) is probably the next most mature photo editing application available. It has been around for as long as photoshop, has similar editing menus and algorithms. I used PSP for quite a few years. https://www.paintshoppro.com/en/prod...?hptrack=mmpsp

Lots of video tutorials on youtube for PSP as well. Youtube is your friend when learning how to edit photos well.

And many popular plugins like Nik Software and Topaz, are available for PSP.
Thanks for the reply Rick, I'll be sure to check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
I agree with Rick - Paintshop Pro is a very effective tool which is still my main "go to" for all my pixel level processing. It's a mature program that's been around for many years and there's no subscription - and an affordable price, waaaaay cheaper than the big programs. I've never found anything lacking in PSP.

Another one I use is ACDSee which is also very good, as is a newer one "Affinity" which has many good reports. I've always hated Photoshop and Lightroom which I consider overkill for the average photographer, and I hate subscription based software.
Cheers,

I'll be sure to check out these options aswell before I commit to luminar 4.