Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Official information thread

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COVID-19 Official information thread

A thread where people can post links to OFFICIAL information on the Corona Virus situation.

FACTS are more important than conjecture.

SITREP

World Health Organisation daily situation reports can be found here (domestic and world info)
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...ation-reports/
    shows infections, deaths and various other stuff.

AUSTRALIA

Official Department of Health COVID-19 Information page
    https://www.health.gov.au/news/healt...-to-get-tested
    Advice on what to do, and general information.
    Gear: Panasonic Lumix FZ200 / Huawei Mate 20 / LR 5, PSE 12, Da Vinci resolve

"I may be crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Distancing Strategy

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live Corona Virus stats dashboard:
    https://ncov2019.live/data

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does that site say how to get toilet paper?
    cc and enjoy

Photography is painting with light

K1, Pentax 18-250mm zoom, Pentax 100mm macro, Sigma 50-500mm, Pentax 28-105mm
    Velbon Sherpa tripod Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whilst the passing on of information is good, please also keep in mind the AP site rules:

[30] Requesting/Providing Financial, Medical or Legal Advice on Ausphotography:

Australian Photography is a website with broad topic coverage. However, when it comes to medical, financial and legal advice, it's always recommended to seek advice from a qualified professional, rather than asking about it on Australian Photography. As such, Australian Photography takes no legal responsibility for posts seeking or providing Medical, Financial or Legal advice. Members use any advice provided via Ausphotography at their own risk. The site owner, moderators or members cannot be held liable for any Medical, Financial or Legal advice posted on the site.
    Last edited by ricktas; 17-03-2020 at 7:54am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    does that site say how to get toilet paper?
    It's been placed on the endangered species register.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    It's been placed on the endangered species register.
    So then, only for sale at Chinese wet markets

Can't imagine what recipe they have for it tho!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dronefather View Post
    Live Corona Virus stats dashboard:
    https://ncov2019.live/data
    The about states...................I am a high schooler in Washington State, USA. Great site but questionable re accuracy.
    Canon 5Ds, 16-35mm F4 L, 24-105mm F4 L.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard last night Woolworths were going to open 1 hr earlier for old people so we thought we’d try and sneak in.
    Got there before they opened and stood beside 2 old people, the security guy looked at us and I said we were the old people’s carers,,,,,,haha fooled him we got away with it, got our panic buy groceries and took off, but no toilet paper,,,,,,bummer.

Al

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

The above link requires a bit of a disclaimer, given that it contains a fair bit of advice, but is the work of somebody with no formal medical qualifications. However it has a lot of data that I haven't seen elsewhere and is cogently argued.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by axle01 View Post
    Heard last night Woolworths were going to open 1 hr earlier for old people so we thought we’d try and sneak in.
    Got there before they opened and stood beside 2 old people, the security guy looked at us and I said we were the old people’s carers,,,,,,haha fooled him we got away with it, got our panic buy groceries and took off, but no toilet paper,,,,,,bummer.

Al
    You didn't seriously do that? Measures like this are designed to assist the elderly with social distancing, given that contact with infected people can have very serious consequences for them.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He not only woudda done that, but would have qualified to be in the line in the 1st place.
    Al has a turn for the dramatic!
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al
    Is that for real ? As I would have thought you would have been in that old age group
    Last edited by Mary Anne; 17-03-2020 at 4:31pm. Reason: Added More

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    Is that for real ? As I would have thought you would have been in that old age group
    Haha thanks AM and Mary Anne nice to have your support,,,,,Jim I’m only 68 but feels like 68

Old Al

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha thanks AM and Mary Anne nice to have your support,,,,,Jim I’m only 68 but feels like 68

Old Al
    Apologies, Al.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Apologies, Al.
    Hey mate absolutely no offence taken and no apology needed unless you can make good with 6 rolls of toilet paper,,,I’ll send you my address.

Al

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Speaking of toilet paper. A cafe here in Tassie has created a dessert in the shape of a roll of loo paper, surrounded by poo (chocolate).

I do not know if this link will work : https://www.facebook.com/cataractonp...type=3&theater

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Speaking of toilet paper. A cafe here in Tassie has created a dessert in the shape of a roll of loo paper, surrounded by poo (chocolate).

I do not know if this link will work : https://www.facebook.com/cataractonp...type=3&theater
    Haha looks like a real $hitty desert.

Al

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woolies are opening at 0700 and till 0800 will only admit the elderly and those with disabilities.

Great idea, lots of good publicity for them, but little reward for those it's meant to help. From all reports it's been a shambles to date.

I've been getting by without an immune system for two years, so the threats this virus poses are something I've been dealing with for a while.

Yesterday morning my younger brother, the 76 year old one, decided to take advantage of the offer, and arrived at his local Woolies a bit after 0630. There was already about 100 people there, some obviously having done an overnighter. He estimated that there were around 500 folk there at 0700.

When the door went up it was on for young and old, with the more mobile folk beating the others on walking frames and in wheel- chairs to the aisle with paper products, only to find .............,.,.,.. about 12 packs of loo paper, no paper towels, tissues, sanitiser.

Shelves with rice, pasta, packaged meat and pretty much anything else that you can store or freeze were empty.

I assume Woolies intentions were honourable, but my brother was quite upset by the sight of our elderly (Yeah, I'm well and truly in the category) walking around with a basically empty trolley, and tears in their eyes.

Come on Woolies, you can do better than that, or perhaps Coles, an AU company I think, (used to be at anyrate) can pick up the baton and do the job properly.

Basic things I've been doing are to only order coffee in a takeaway cup, don't use a cup, glass or cutlery that someone else has used. Dishwashers are basically used to remove grime and are not designed to sterilise. On the odd occasion I go to a club or pub these days, I will only drink from a Stubby. If you are a wine drinker take your own glass to dinner with you.

Nobody seems to know just how bad this threat is, but if you use some common sense you can get through it.

Stay safe everyone.
    Last edited by Cage; 18-03-2020 at 10:25pm.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to get in any discussions as they always go bad, but my detest for the human race has sky-rocketed during this whole thing. I will struggle to keep it PG for the sake of this family friendly site, but I struggle to think of a group of people I have ever detested so much (well, apart from hard criminals) as these panic buyers who have turned a terrible situation into something so much worse.

It pains me intensely that common sense is absent in so many humans. Anyone with half an ounce of intelligence can appreciate that if everyone had just shopped how they normally shop we'd all have everything we've always needed, as we always have had. But these horrendous humans have created a situation which never needed to be created if some common, human decency had been shown. But it just seems impossible for so many. And now I can't even buy a bunch of toilet rolls that my family and I genuinely need.
    Last edited by ricktas; 19-03-2020 at 7:02pm.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, on a lighter note:
    I spotted a guy bulk buying cigarettes (About 45 cartons? He must be rich!) Not sure of his long term plans, perhaps he's going to send 'Smoke Signals' if the Mbl Ph. system has a hiccup?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast