^The sound worked for me
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    ^The sound worked for me
    Ha ha ha...so you got to play it for the 10 secs it was up. I think too many would be offended, I'll let it go.

Ausphotography Regular Nick Cliff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife had the same idea Rick and tried wearing one of these cones for a joke and must say it was hard to remove

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There must be more clean houses than ever before. Going down the cleaning material isle in Coles yesterday, I noticed that floor cleaning liquid is just as scarce as toilet paper and hand sanitiser.
    Barry

D7200 & D5600

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richtbw View Post
    There must be more clean houses than ever before. Going down the cleaning material isle in Coles yesterday, I noticed that floor cleaning liquid is just as scarce as toilet paper and hand sanitiser.
    The list of scarce items gets bigger. Once they ran out of toilet paper they moved on to freezers and computers. Now that online activities like Zoom are taking off, you can't buy a decent webcam or microphone. Pretty soon I guess condoms will be in short supply (no offence short people).

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    Gawd .... I must be clairvoyant ! I guess that means that the more this drags on, the bigger the population growth. Is this part of some grand plan .... kill off the deadwood and plant new growth stock ??

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    The list of scarce items gets bigger. Once they ran out of toilet paper they moved on to freezers and computers. Now that online activities like Zoom are taking off, you can't buy a decent webcam or microphone. Pretty soon I guess condoms will be in short supply (no offence short people).
    I so want to create a 'run' on something that most people would not normally buy.. Something like smoked oysters in a tin.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always eat smoked oysters right before my dental appointment.

I can't understand the run on flour though. I mean, how many people under 70 know how to bake these days? In a couple of years, people will be cleaning out their pantry and tossing out a dozen unopened bags of flour.
    Andrew

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PM has just been on the ABC. Public gatherings has now been reduced from 10 people to 2 people. Also it has been recommended that everyone over 70 stay at home all the time, unless they have an essential need to go somewhere. Same for people over 60 with compromised health.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    PM has just been on the ABC. Public gatherings has now been reduced from 10 people to 2 people. Also it has been recommended that everyone over 70 stay at home all the time, unless they have an essential need to go somewhere. Same for people over 60 with compromised health.
    Won't change what I'm doing! I've been self-isolating for over a week. I qualify for the virus under just about every possible thing - heart disease, diabetes, old age .... you name it!

I've already got my supplies of smoked oysters ready to go, plus my bread mix, bread machine and long-life milk. I've been practising using Zoom and I'm bringing my will up-to-date just in case. I've also got the most important person in my life, and I'm happy to be locked down with her for a very long time indeed. Of course that might change ....... !!!!

Ausphotography Regular Floribunda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I have an essential need to go birding to a quiet spot no-one knows.
    And I may take some cans of smoked oysters with me. Yum.
    Cheers Lyn.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II and various lenses.

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you dare start a run on smoked oysters I've had free run on buying them so far. That and chocolate, so I should be right.

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully we can still get out for our morning walk. There was a small exercise group there last week but that will be no more and fellow walkers all keep their distance. I noticed some stores are putting plastic over their eftpos machines. Not sure how useful this is unless they replace it every time someone has to use the keypad. Took a while for me to feel comfortable with tap and go but grateful for it now, alas a grocery shop is rarely under $100.

You can keep your smoked oysters but might have to think about chocolate and red wine. This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMBh...ature=youtu.be tells me "...watch TV drink lots of wine that will kill Covid 19" and if Julie Andrews says so, it must be true.
    Glenda

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    Thankfully we can still get out for our morning walk. There was a small exercise group there last week but that will be no more and fellow walkers all keep their distance. I noticed some stores are putting plastic over their eftpos machines. Not sure how useful this is unless they replace it every time someone has to use the keypad. Took a while for me to feel comfortable with tap and go but grateful for it now, alas a grocery shop is rarely under $100.

You can keep your smoked oysters but might have to think about chocolate and red wine. This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMBh...ature=youtu.be tells me "...watch TV drink lots of wine that will kill Covid 19" and if Julie Andrews says so, it must be true.
    We went for a walk too, but longer than usual as we kept having to cross the road every time someone else was coming towards us!

However, I've read that hot water, soap and alcohol are good for losing fat around the virus, so I'm thinking the same might apply to fat around the waist. Therefore i recommend taking a hot bath with a stiff drink. May as well lose some weight while I'm here.

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=bobt;1508979
    However, I've read that hot water, soap and alcohol are good for losing fat around the virus, so I'm thinking the same might apply to fat around the waist.[/QUOTE]

If only it was that easy

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read on the Yahoo "News" page that one of the 16 reasons you can leave the house is
    walking the dog. Well, I can't leave for that reason as I do not have a...

Yo-Yo

---Nor can I go out to milk the cow!

- - - Updated - - -

---And bad luck if you own a chimpanzee

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently we are seeing a steady rise in sex toy sales: sales are up 13% in the UK, 71% in Italy, and a whopping 135% in Canada. Australian sex toy brand Vush is reporting their sales are up 350%.

A health bulletin from New York Health Department says that you should limit sex to those you are in lockdown with, but that the safest sexual partner is yourself.

I don't remember Scott Morrison addressing these issues at all.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please keep doing the right things.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqWQCWc_zCc

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ A good bit of that video was in monochrome, and I thought that must be an effect of COVID19:
    Choral Bleaching

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast