Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Floribunda View Post
    That’s spooky.

We have just arrived home tonight from a 3 day short trip away - South Aussies are being encouraged to travel within the state to help the economy. Stopped at a McDonalds for a quick coffee and was amused to see that not only were there notices on the very sparse tables informing you of where and where not to sit (social distancing) but they had actually removed the seat padding leaving holes so it was impossible to sit.
    Obviously thought that notices were not enough to get the message across.
    That could well be a directed thing. In Tassie, all workplaces must ensure their staff lunch rooms and other areas where people can sit, comply with distancing measures. One of the things we have been told we have to do, is remove any chairs that would mean more people can sit in the room than are allowed. YOu may find worksafe directions are that McDonalds have to do this or they are in breach of the current worksafe legislation.
    Last edited by ricktas; 13-06-2020 at 1:15pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular Floribunda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    That could well be a directed thing. In Tassie, all workplaces must ensure their staff lunch rooms and other areas where people can sit, comply with distancing measures. One of the things we have been told we have to do, is remove any chairs that would mean more people can sit in the room than are allowed. YOu may find worksafe directions are that McDonalds have to do this or they are in breach of the current worksafe legislation.
    You could well be right Rick. Haven’t seen this before, but then don’t frequent the Golden Arches much either. Looked pretty tacky.
    Cheers Lyn.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II and various lenses.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    We always buy our bread at the local bakery ...... and they'be been baking organic wholemeal sourdough bread in wood-fired ovens for decades. ..... They make the best bread I have ever eaten... Sadly, they have taken to also selling assorted other baked items (pies, sweets, and so on) which are good but very dear, and coffee for the twee set. They are take-away only now, of course, and the stupid twee set keep clogging up the place buying takeaway bloody coffee. It takes forever just to buy bread. Driving me nuts!
    I got so tired of standing around waiting for the twee set that I've been doing this instead these last few weeks.

OK, it takes even longer than the Summer Kitchen queue, but we are enjoying both parts of it - the cooking and the eating.
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Nice! ^

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good, Tannin. You can have twoast with your twee
    CC, Image editing OK.