Thread: Recommendations wanted please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thank you for your informative kind reply. After more research I can answer a few reasons why I want a MII. A gps is one but the main problem I am having is I can't use a x 2 adapter as my 70 - 200 Canon lens has a square white symbol, so it is my lens that is a problem there. I have been loaned a 300m lens and the quality of images were very poor and after much research found information that the MI can not support this lens but MII can. I shoot fungi, birds, orchids, waterfalls and general scenes in Tasmanian forests. Some times light is a chellenge but if I buy a lens for my MI camera to have more light that still doesn't fix the lack of gps or that I can't still use the 300m lens for bird photography eg birds of prey in the open. Hope that explains my original question a bit more. Cheers

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gold4c View Post
    Hi, thank you for your informative kind reply. After more research I can answer a few reasons why I want a MII. A gps is one but the main problem I am having is I can't use a x 2 adapter as my 70 - 200 Canon lens has a square white symbol, so it is my lens that is a problem there. I have been loaned a 300m lens and the quality of images were very poor and after much research found information that the MI can not support this lens but MII can. I shoot fungi, birds, orchids, waterfalls and general scenes in Tasmanian forests. Some times light is a chellenge but if I buy a lens for my MI camera to have more light that still doesn't fix the lack of gps or that I can't still use the 300m lens for bird photography eg birds of prey in the open. Hope that explains my original question a bit more. Cheers
    A couple of quick solutions if you're not ready to spend the cash right at this moment.

• Jump on the web and do a quick search for your 2X extender and the problem you're having and you'll find that you can tape over a couple of the pins then you're back in business. I reckon it was the first two from memory, but, do your own research.
    • Turn the GPS on within your mobile and take a quick reference shot for those locations you need info for.

I realise they're not ideal solutions, merely a temporary/cheap fix for now.

Cheers -
    If you replace the 'W' with 'T' in When, Where and What, you get the answer for each question.
    CC more than welcome. Remember, I can't be offended so go for it. Feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time. Thanks in advance.