Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Lightroom problems

Ausphotography Veteran jamesmartin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightroom problems

after the latest update it kept on freezing afterwards. now when i try to open lightroom it wont open at all, saying - the lightroom catalog named lightroom catalog cannot be opened because another application already has it opened.
    has anybody else had this problem before? i dont have anyother app that has it opened

- - - Updated - - -

its ok all sorted
    www.jamessmartin.net
    Canon 5DsR & 5Ds - Zeiss Milvus 21mm - Canon 70-300mm L - Canon 100mm macro - Sigma 150-600mm contemporary. Aquatech sport shield rain cover. Phantom DJI 4 pro drone. Gitzo traveller tripod. Tascam DR-70D sound recorder

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmartin View Post
    after the latest update it kept on freezing afterwards. now when i try to open lightroom it wont open at all, saying - the lightroom catalog named lightroom catalog cannot be opened because another application already has it opened.
    has anybody else had this problem before? i dont have anyother app that has it opened
    I don't use lightroom, James (just PS), but I did noticed after the last big update my old apps were left behind (PS & Bridge) and needed to click 'Uninstall' from the Adobe desktop thingy. May help perhaps? I suspect your old version of lightroom is the other app that has it open. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooops, I walked away half way through typing this and see you now have it sorted.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James, what happened? It might be of use to others.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I don't use lightroom, James (just PS), but I did noticed after the last big update my old apps were left behind (PS & Bridge) and needed to click 'Uninstall' from the Adobe desktop thingy. May help perhaps? I suspect your old version of lightroom is the other app that has it open. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooops, I walked away half way through typing this and see you now have it sorted.
    Thanks Gazza. I uninstalled the older version of Lightroom before reading your reply in hope to help with the freezing of Lightroom but still didnt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    James, what happened? It might be of use to others.
    I went into the lightroom folder & deleted the file that ends in - .lock. which sorted it out.
    Lightroom is still freezing after less then a minute of use every time i start it up

- - - Updated - - -

In my creative cloud desktop thing with all my apps there were two Lightroom versions so I uninstalled the old one. Now when I open the newer version (9.0). In develop under calibration it only gives me options as version 1 to 5. Instead of what it used to be including camera standard which I always used. Also I have lost my debase slider which used to be under effects

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops......sorry I've just found them. There up the top now lol

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmartin View Post
    Whoops......sorry I've just found them. There up the top now lol
    Ha ha ha...things are bound to be a bit different. Was a big(ish) upgrade.

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a side note on Lightroom 6.I have had and still have a issue when I imported images from my D750 to Lr I notice
    that the exposure settings to all my photos are on 0.45 .Where in the camera EV is on 0 . I can't figure it out
    For no reason that I can think of all shots are at that value.I know that I can reset as a group to 0 Just value why.Is it a
    error on the camera body or a wayward settings in LR

cheers

Nikon D750,D500,Z6,Coolpix P7700
    Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Tokina 100mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 , Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 VC Di, Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4
    FTZ adapator
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at your 'import settings', it probably has a preset in there with some values.
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up John but I dont see in the settings, any exposure thats dial in