User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Best Presenter for the 2022 Photographic Society of Queensland (PSQ) Annual Convention

Ausphotography Regular rexboggs5's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Presenter for the 2022 Photographic Society of Queensland (PSQ) Annual Convention

The Rockhampton Photography Club will be hosting the 2022 PSQ Annual Convention.

It is still some years away but one piece of advice we have been given is to book your main presenters early, as they are often booked out years in advance.

So, a request.

If you had to name the best presenter you have seen in the last few years, who would it be? And what in particular about this presenter did you particularly like?

Note that our budget is rather limited, so getting someone from overseas may be prohibitive.

Thanks in Advance and Cheers

Rex

PS You are all invited to the 2022 PSQ in Rockhampton, being held over May Day weekend in 2022 from Saturday 30 April to Monday 2 May.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you want someone who is photography related or are you seeking someone who will engage the audience?

If you want an all round presenter who will keep the audience enthralled and attentive. Robyn Moore. Robyn may not be a familiar name, but for those who have been around for a few years. She is the voice of Blinky Bill, she did all the female voices for the radio show 'how green was my cactus' along with many voiceovers for tv, including being the singer behind 'Spray and Wipes a breeze'.

Robyn is the consummate professional and I have heard her at many events and personally think she is the best host/speaker I have ever heard. http://www.robynmoore.com.au/
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick. We are looking for presenters that are photography related, so I don't think Robyn will be the right speaker this time. I appreciate you taking the time to share.

Cheers

Rex

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rexboggs5 View Post
    Thanks Rick. We are looking for presenters that are photography related, so I don't think Robyn will be the right speaker this time. I appreciate you taking the time to share.

Cheers

Rex
    You could aim for people that present something that encourages others to get out there and take photos while not specifically talking about photography??
    Sean Dooley from Birdlife Australia is rather engaging and may encourage people to go and take photos of nature if he was given the right brief.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mark. I'll take both your reply and Rick's to the Committee for consideration.

Cheers, Rex