User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Nikon Z50 Dx (mirrorless) announced.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikon Z50 Dx (mirrorless) announced.

One of the worst kept secrets going around:

Nikon Z50

It's a bit ..... meh!
    Interesting(for me) only in the curiosity of model(naming) lineup for the Dx models from here on.
    Traditionally, the camera naming was two digits represented the mid/high level models ... eg. D70, D80, D90 .. and they stopped and switched to D7xxx(ie, from tens to thousands) for that model range.
    This model range was about the best price-feature set for the interested, but not geekily interested types .. those that wanted uber features from their APS-C cameras, like ability to set manual lenses into the camera, and other geeky features.
    Loved my D70s for a good long while, but the D300 was miles ahead.

So going to be interesting to see if Nikon also do a Z500(or 600, or ... they kind'a run out of numbers!)
    Z500 seems to be the most obvious 'next level' Dx camera .. may have IBIS(Z50 doesn't), and lots of other tech features and whatnot.
    But Z600 is going to be stupidly confusing for some .. in that as a D600 had already existed, D600 was the basest level Fx camera, which is basically what the Z6 is(at the moment).

So going to be interesting to see if Nikon widely spread out their models like they used too, but most likely not, given the collapsed market for dedicated cameras now.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, it is hard to follow the model naming, but camera looks good. I wonder if we need to consider how often the sensor require to be cleaned.
    Regards.
    J. Arguello.

Constructive Criticism (CC) is alsways welcome.
    Photography gear: Nikon D7000; Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8; Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6; Tamron A17 70-300mm f/4 - 5.6; Nikkor 50mm f/1.8; Yongnuo 35mm f/2; Neewer 85mm f/1.8; Nikon AW100 ;Canon EOS 300; Tamron 28-105mm; Canon 75-300mm.
    Photo Editing: Nikon Capture NX-D , GIMP ;

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arguelloflores/

A royal pain in the bum!
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Arguello View Post
    .... I wonder if we need to consider how often the sensor require to be cleaned.
    Yeah, good question .. taking into account that the Z50 has neither IBIS, nor sensor cleaning.

But then again in saying that, I don't ever remember my D70s to require as much cleaning as my D300(high Mp count) and again my D800E(even higher Mp count)
    Not saying that pixel count has anything to do with maintaining sensor cleanliness .. but maybe they add some dust resisting layer that works with lower Mp count sensors .. or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, old sensors had or showed less dust. Anyway, cameras are enjoyable really cool tools to play with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Z50 looks like a reasonably interesting camera for a new hobbyist/vlogger. It's really compact for the feature-set.
    Handicapped by a lack of lenses at the moment.
    Hope Nikon has the financial might and willpower to continue developing this product line. Would hate to see it go the way of the Nikon 1 series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not easy to launch a new product when the current products on the market are good.
    Nikon 1 series had a price closer to DSLRs, whch made people to reconsider overall cost.
    For current camera owners, it is not easy to consider the move into a new system.
    Meanwhile, I would stay with my camera for a bit longer.