User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't view Adobe Camera Raw edits in Adobe Bridge (CS6)

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah! no need for 'cleaning tools' for removing AppData clutter.
    Only thing I do post deleting AppData is a quick checkup with CCleaner just to remove the registry entires that are left over too.

Note tho, it's impossible for a software approach to the dilemma(of bloated/excess AppData).
    The problem is, you (as in the User) need to know if you want to keep the remains, or remove it.
    Remove it and you lose settings that you may want after a reinstall of the software at a later date. .. etc.

Software can't know this .. well unless it's mind reading software.

But! .. when a box is checked to 'remove personal settings and configurations' .. you'd expect the software vendor to do the right thing.
    And this is in no way a poke just at Adobe .. almost every software vendor does this.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, thanks for all your input here. It looks like playing around with those two icons in John's last picture post has fixed this one up. I'll test it out for the next few days and make sure all is good. Thanks again all!

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just came across this Adobe webpage for their DNG converter and it looks like when downloaded and installed, for the Version of ACR relevant to your PS version, it should install all the lens profiles?

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop...converter.html

Cheers

Dennis
    Dennis

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Geoff

I have also found a "Profile" setting in the Lightroom Develop Module which allows the user to select a Camera Profile (as opposed to lens Profile) for a Raw File.

I can choose from the set established by Adobe, or the set that comes with the camera, my Canon 5D Mk IV in this case.

I'm not sure if this is also possible in ACR so you can select the Camera Profile for your particular camera (when shooting in Raw as this only applies to Raw Files, not JPGs).

Cheers

Dennis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nardes View Post
    I just came across this Adobe webpage for their DNG converter and it looks like when downloaded and installed, for the Version of ACR relevant to your PS version, it should install all the lens profiles?

Cheers

Dennis
    Thanks Dennis. Yes, we must have seen the same pages. I saw this too. I have an older version of the DNG converter (I need it to view RAW files), but when I tried to install this never version it said I need the latest version of OS X, which, usually, I am prompted to download/update when available. The new version, however, was not. So I lost interest.

However, tonight, after being reminded by your post, I checked out how to get the new, latest OS X update. And it is apparently possible... I think. But not quick. I'll have to leave the laptop on tonight and hope for the best by tomorrow morning. Thanks for the refresher and I'll see how I go.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Geoff

I have also found a "Profile" setting in the Lightroom Develop Module which allows the user to select a Camera Profile (as opposed to lens Profile) for a Raw File.

I can choose from the set established by Adobe, or the set that comes with the camera, my Canon 5D Mk IV in this case.

I'm not sure if this is also possible in ACR so you can select the Camera Profile for your particular camera (when shooting in Raw as this only applies to Raw Files, not JPGs).

Cheers

Dennis
    Thanks again... unfortunately there's no such option at all in ACR. Everything just says "none" now and there is no way to select anything at any point in time, whether that be lens or camera profiles. I think it all hinges on the above.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers

Dennis
    Ok Dennis, gotta say another thanks for prompting me to actually do something about this. As noted, I did actually see this myself and tried to download the latest version of the DNG Converter but gave up on it when it said I needed the new version of OS X 10.13 to install the new version. I checked my computer settings and App Store as my laptop has always annoyingly, lol, prompted me to update my OS when a new one is available. But there was no sign of the new update (or even the previous one - I was actually two OS updates behind).

Anyway, I thought it must be a new paid thing or something so forgot about it. After your post last night I reinvigorated my search and found a link to the new OS (on YouTube?!) and let it load overnight, and then set up this morning. Also downloaded the new DNG Converter, successfully now, and WHOOSHKA!! All the lens profiles are back in ACR.

So, I know as much about computers and stuff as a camel but I can only assume that somehow, in some way, the OS I was using suddenly, perhaps, stopped “supporting” the version of ACR I was using? Some weird link there? I assume in some way, that old OS just stopped being relevant or updated or anything? I don’t know... but all the password resets and stuff probably related to the old OS too? I think it was Sienna, or Sierra or something, for those taking notes. OS X 10.11, it was.

Anyway, thanks again Dennis!!

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good! - I might consider a subscription to The Camel Times too,
    if it has such a good technical support section
    CC, Image editing OK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12