Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7

Thread: I keep being logged out?

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I keep being logged out?

So every now and then I just get logged out from here. I deleted my details from my log manager thing and reverted to Firefox's kept passwords. This worked for a couple of days but again tonight I seem to be getting logged out from AP for no apparent reason?
    Any thoughts?

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a process that you run, or a setting in the browser, that deletes cookies when you run it - if so that might be the culprit.
    Dennis

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    as above, it could be something in firefox that is removing your AP cookie, or it could be that your AP cookie is corrupt.

My guess, given you have recently changed the way you store your passwords, is that there is a setting in firefox that is clearing it after a certain time period, or at a certain time(s) each day?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the Firefox Cookie Controls screen capture as it appears on my system.

Cheers

Dennis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausphotography irregular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    as above, it could be something in firefox that is removing your AP cookie, or it could be that your AP cookie is corrupt.

My guess, given you have recently changed the way you store your passwords, is that there is a setting in firefox that is clearing it after a certain time period, or at a certain time(s) each day?
    I haven't recently changed how I store passwords. I just chose to not log in via my password manager that has worked fine for ages. Reverted back to the passwords save in FFox which had also previously work well for ages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nardes View Post
    Here is the Firefox Cookie Controls screen capture as it appears on my system.

Cheers

Dennis
    thanks Dennis. What you have posted is my setting.
    I don't have delete cookies at close selected.

Think I'll claer all cookies and start again as Ricks suggestion that my AP cookie is corup

- - - Updated - - -

And clearing cookies hasn't worked.

Might go and play in Chrome and see what happens.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    very odd. I do know FF has done some updates recently, because it is doing odd things on my work computer as well. I have to login to cloud based services and it keeps asking me to allow flash (???) which it has never done before, each time I login.

Ausphotography irregular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    very odd. I do know FF has done some updates recently, because it is doing odd things on my work computer as well. I have to login to cloud based services and it keeps asking me to allow flash (???) which it has never done before, each time I login.
    Thanks Rick, it does seem like a FF problem. Since my last post I've been on Chrome and there seems to be no issues. Seems faster than FF. I just don't want to be using browsers supplied be big companies.
    Since it doesn't seem to be a site matter I'll only post here if I find a resolution to the FF problem.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Thanks Rick, it does seem like a FF problem. Since my last post I've been on Chrome and there seems to be no issues. Seems faster than FF. I just don't want to be using browsers supplied be big companies.
    Since it doesn't seem to be a site matter I'll only post here if I find a resolution to the FF problem.
    The browser companies seem to leapfrog over each other. Several years back firefox was brilliant, then after a few updates it got bogged down and people swapped to Chrome (or Safari), then Firefox realised and fixed it's issues, then Chrome was causing problems..so people swapped back to FF. Maybe it is Chromes turn to shine again for a year or two. Edge...what is that?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too generally use Firefox to login here. I was logged out mid September 2019 I note that I had made no changes to the password stored settings on the computer that I use to log in here.

Just tonight logged in again, via Firefox, and entering my email and password manually

. I revcieved a warning that the login and password access is not secure for this site.

I recall this has happened before and at that time I sent Rick a message regarding same.

In any case, I am not fussed by the warning and am mentioning my experience only as a matter of record.

WW

Ausphotography irregular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still keeps randomly logging me out via FF. It got better for a while.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, I use FF as my main PC browser. It keeps me logged in for months at a time - logs me out about once every 3-4 months.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William W View Post
    I too generally use Firefox to login here. I was logged out mid September 2019 I note that I had made no changes to the password stored settings on the computer that I use to log in here.

Just tonight logged in again, via Firefox, and entering my email and password manually

. I revcieved a warning that the login and password access is not secure for this site.

I recall this has happened before and at that time I sent Rick a message regarding same.

In any case, I am not fussed by the warning and am mentioning my experience only as a matter of record.

WW
    your login and password are secure. They are encrypted within the database. Although we have experienced hack attempts and even a DOS attack, not once has any data been accessed.

The warning message relates to the way firefox works. it assumes that websites that have logins must be selling stuff, and therefore collecting addresses, phone numbers, credit card details etc. So it warns against the site. But as we don't sell stuff, nor have your credit card details, firefox is warning you about something that doesn't even exist on the site.
    Last edited by ricktas; 04-10-2019 at 6:06am.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Still keeps randomly logging me out via FF. It got better for a while.
    It is not being caused at the AP end of your connection.

Ausphotography irregular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is not being caused at the AP end of your connection.
    Yep, this much I have figured.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your login and password are secure. . . . [etc]
    Sorry, my error of omission.

I meant to also say that you explained that to me in your (or Kym's) response to my earlier message that I sent to you a few years ago.

Anyway I think that your explanation on this thread serves good purpose I'd bet a Mars Bar that others get the same message.

Thanks and sorry again,

WW