The two things I used to do:

1/. learn a few basic Linux/Unix commands.
When they ask you to do this-> got there-> navigate to this area on your PC .. they ask you for the output.

You describe to them .. <insert gobbeldygook> .. they get frustrated, telling you you did something wrong.
If there were legit 'hackers' they'd know just the basics of some Linux commands.

They ask you to "go <here>, what do you see?"
I'll say, it says "rm -r password" (this in Linux is to remove a file named password).
They'll say "you did something wrong", I'll say "I did what you said, this is what the screen is now saying"
Then I'll saying something like .. "it says do you really want to delete the password file?"
They hear the word "password" and it kind'a hooks them in .. give you more time to waste their time.
Then when you're tired of it, tell them .. OH! .. I don't use Windows, I use RedHat... or whatever obscure Linux distribution or something.
Drives them nuts!

2/. answer phone. Tell them to "hang on .. I'm just cooking some dinner, I' have to turn down the heat".
Take phone into kitchen, on loudspeaker .. and just make noise in kitchen.
Clang pots and pans .. etc. They can hear you clanging pots and making all manner of noise .. they usually give up after a couple of mins.

I've had one idiot on the phone for about 15mins at mum and dads house .. about 10 of us around the table listening and chatting incoherently while this stooge kept trying to get my attention.

... "Hello? ... Hellooo? Hello sir! ... Sir! Hello. "

You'd have thought after a couple mins, he'd have given up. 15mins. A good laugh!