Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: What was I thinking?!?!

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was I thinking?!?!

Does anyone else look back at their images and think to themselves .. "for the life of me, can't think what I was thinking here .. or trying to do"

In response to a couple of threads, and some of the replies in those threads, I'll probably creating one of my typical arduous, tedious TLDR; type threads .. which may or may not worry you guys about your current backup storage routines.

So I've been trawling back through my images and looking at some with the above response(both good and bad).

Basically, some images I've taken way back .... I'm looking at them, and thinking

eg.

D800E_DSC_4193.JPG

What'tha?
    I didn't have a jpg version of that file(unless I deleted it .. which I tend to do after a while), which means(back then) I was surely thinking of some reason to capture this kind of image, but when I got home and reassessed it, whatever original idea it was .. didn't make any sense.
    I remember it was hot, and a bit dusty out there, I probably got heat stroke .. brain fade. Couple of days later back home .. cooler climate ... set me straight

Image shot back in 2013, I remember the trip well, out Cobar/Bourke way, some park I stumbled across on the way up.
    It said Aboriginal rock art/site .. red rag to a bull those signs are to me! .. anyhow.
    Trying to think back, and figure out why that image was saved(ie. not deleted).

From memory, the blurred fin/wing thing may have been a barrier to keep the great unwashed(hands?) off the rock art.
    It's sad that people just can't keep their hands and notions of marking territory to themselves, and the authorities need to protect the interesting stuff we want to experience with cages and bars.
    I remember a steel walkway and barriers to keep folks in check ... maybe I thought it an idea to capture this in some abstract way.

So the thought occurred to me, does anyone else look back through their images and wonder why?

ps. OTOH, I also found an image I didn't process and hence share, that I reckon may have had more merit than I initially thought it may have.

anyhow ... back to the tedium of confirming that my backups are OK.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting shot indeed! Haha. But to answer your question, yes, I have many shots from my past that make me cringe heavily. I even have several of those from the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, have done the same thing, finding images that are not even in focus, and I wonder why I have kept them.

Ross.
    Ross. Nikon D810, Nikon D300s, Nikkor 18-200, , Nikon 105mm Micro lens. Nikon 200-500mm lens

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This nearly ended up on the cutting room floor, but has become one of my favourite photos of Rosa. Sitting on my chest in bed, light from the bedside lamp.