Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backup through Tablet

I am going travelling in a few weeks. Previously when I have travelled I have had a laptop computer which I used to copy files off the camera memory card using a card reader, and then copy those onto a small USB hard drive. This gave me 3 copies of each photo, if I didn't clear the camera card, and two copies if I did.

My laptop has since died (RIP), and I don't want to buy a new one, I always use the desktop at home.

I have come up with this plan, to use a USB OTG cable to connect the card reader to a Samsung tablet (with 128Gb of memory), and copy the files into the tablet, then still using the OTG cable, copy those files onto a 128 Gb USB stick. This effectively gives me the same backup ability as I had previously.

I have tried this with my phone in place of the tablet (which I haven't purchased yet) and it all works fine, if a little slow. Both the phone and the tablet are Samsung, so should give the same result.

Anyone else tried something like this?

Here is the equipment.

Backup.jpg
    Last edited by davidd; 25-08-2019 at 2:14pm.
    David

Nikon D810
    Nikkor AF-S 24-120VR, Nikkor AF-S 16-35VR, Nikkor AF-S 70-300VR, Nikkor AF 50 f1.8
    Tamron 90mm Macro