User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  28
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any chance of the file size being increased upwards from 400kb?

Big kid in the guise of an adult
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AM, you're making me think that my parents wasted a whole lot of money on my expensive education

Yes, I know that on DPR that a 46mb image will need scrolling when looking at it in original size.

What I can't seem to get through my thick head and understand is why on Nikon Gear for instance take this link to my kangaroo image -

https://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=8781.0

That image when viewed on my monitor opens up nice and large (and needs scrolling) and with great detail, I can see the whispy hairs easily on the roo. But doesn't on my phone or iPad, its resized to the smaller screens

On AP following the below link, even when clicking on the pale yellow bar at the top of the image stating see the image at 1600x1233 it still doesn't go as large as at Nikon Gear.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...69#post1490469

I don't blame you for throwing your hands up if you think you've explained it and I'm just not getting it
    Bear
    Some of my Photos on Flickr here - Bear Dale
    Here is my FaceBook Page

Ausphotography Veteran tandeejay's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Dale View Post
    That image when viewed on my monitor opens up nice and large (and needs scrolling) and with great detail, .... But doesn't on my phone or iPad, its resized to the smaller screens
    That will be a function of the browser you're using.

The browser on your computer is not auto-resizing, but the one on your iPad is.

That is just a difference in opinion of the authors of the different browsers as to what action should be taken when the image is too large to fit on the screen.

Or you could compare it to a car with an automatic gearbox or a car with a manual gearbox... the one with the automatic gearbox will change gears for you as you accelerate, the one without, you need to take manual action to change gears
    John Blackburn

"Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I can't seem to get through my thick head and understand is why on Nikon Gear for instance take this link to my kangaroo image -

https://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=8781.0

That image when viewed on my monitor opens up nice and large (and needs scrolling) and with great detail, I can see the whispy hairs easily on the roo. But doesn't on my phone or iPad, its resized to the smaller screens

On AP following the below link, even when clicking on the pale yellow bar at the top of the image stating see the image at 1600x1233 it still doesn't go as large as at Nikon Gear.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...69#post1490469

I don't blame you for throwing your hands up if you think you've explained it and I'm just not getting it

Something 'wrong' with the way your device(s) interact with the software behind each site maybe.

I just viewed both images of the kangaroo on both NG and the thread here on AP, and they view the same size(once the yellow bar is clicked on the AP thread)

So sizing of the image is fine.
    Win 10, Firefox, 32" 4K screen.

You mentioned iPad somewhere in your posts, can we assume you use the iPad exclusively?
    Hence you're using it's browser exclusively. Do you get the desktop sites on each forum, or do you go via something like tapatalk.

So if you see differences in the way each site displays images, it's either 'your' software(ie. the way your devices are set up), or the interaction between devices and websites.
    But at my end, I see both images on each site the same size/aspect ratio(once the large size link is clicked on AP).

ps. can't really help much beyond this info, as I don't really use mobile platforms for viewing web content.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon} -> 50/1.2 : 500/8(CPU'd) : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8ais : 105mm f/1.8ais : 24mm/2ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AM, you're making me think that my parents wasted a whole lot of money on my expensive education ...
    Once upon a time in Oz...
    "Now Mr and Mrs Dale, I really don't think you should send young Bear to expensive schools..."

Years later, in the Land of the Kangaroo...
    Master Bear, stop looking out the window and pay attention.
    Now, did you click the magnifier on the image after you clicked on that yellow bar?

Master Bear looked a little sheepish.

Just as I thought. Now go and click on the magnifier 1000 times and notice that it's the same. For homework, you can copy
    each image into Photoshop as a layer and perform a Difference blend. You will see the image goes BLACK. You should know
    that it means they are exactly the same.

Epilog...
    And although Oz had changed to decimal currency decades before, a penny (as if from the heavenly vault) dropped right at
    Bear's feet (or near his bare feet)
    Last edited by ameerat42; Yesterday at 8:36am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Big kid in the guise of an adult
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123