Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Back button & AF points

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back button & AF points

If you save me time trolling please do. With my Canon 7Dii I am using back button AF, I have selected single square AF with the small square inside that. My issue is that when I press the back button the single AF square changes to the single square with the four small squares surrounding it. My two questions are: is this meant to act this way? & am I getting the critical single I want? If you get my drift........

Alan
    Filter

EOS R & 16-35 f4 EF, 70-200 2.8 RF
    Olympus OMD-EM1 Mark II 7-14 12-40 40-150 Pro lens.
    EOS 7D Mark II - 70D - Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, 17 - 55 2.8 Lenses

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From memory, there is a custom function called something like "auto-expansion of selected AF point". Turn this off. It is good for certain tasks (e.g., flight shots) but bad for a sitting bird. (The 1D III certainly has this functionj, as does the 1D IV, and I think the 7D and 7D II are similar.)
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    From memory, there is a custom function called something like "auto-expansion of selected AF point". Turn this off. It is good for certain tasks (e.g., flight shots) but bad for a sitting bird. (The 1D III certainly has this functionj, as does the 1D IV, and I think the 7D and 7D II are similar.)
    Thanks Tony, you seem to be on the right track. I looked at a couple of videos about this & couldn't find how to turn it off. Away to Thailand for a week so will have another crack at it when I get back. Cheers.

Alan.