Hi all,

Been a while since I've posted. Just delivered a huge project at work and also handed in my resignation in preparation for a new opportunity.
Busy times ahead.

Anyway, kind of nervous that I may potentially have my first opportunity shooting a wedding in November.

A few things I need to work on myself and be mindful of, namely that I lack personal confidence and I am generally very withdrawn (typical engineers). I might shy away from the action and eek my way back into the crowd, or worse, shoot from where I sit.
No, that is definitely not what I want to do - I want to make the shots.

On the flip side, I don't want to overcompensate and end up being too in-your-face and causing all kinds of disruptions to a wedding and ruin the day either.

So without further ado, I have a few questions for the experienced wedding photographers (if you would be so inclined to share your treasure ):

1. FIRST and biggest question of all: AM I ALLOWED ON THE AISLE?
2. Where do you position yourselves throughout the wedding ceremony, from march-in to march-out?
3. I believe my venue will be an outdoor setting. I need to anticipate that there will be limited cover to travel behind. My goal is to get all the nice shots without being an element of distraction. What are the things that I can do to be less eye-catching to the people?
4. What is appropriate attire for a wedding photographer?

Thanks. As for point 3, the obvious solution that I can think of would be to get a second shooter. However, that's not quite possible. The wedding is in New Zealand, and even I'm not getting paid for this. I'm technically a wedding guest but was politely asked to bring my camera along "just in case". So if anything, this is just a gig I agreed to do for free for my wife's mates who are on a tight budget.

Anyway, thanks in advance for sharing your insights!

-- Shaun