Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Is it just me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me...

Greetings humans.

I recently found that when i log into the forum, on some occasions I select a page (Notifications more often than not} and the page changes to something completely grey. No text or images, just a grey screen.

Refreshing the screen does nothing. Closing the window, opening a new one and navigating to the forum just gives me a grey screen again. The only thing that seems to work is closing the window and coming back a while later.

I'm using Firefox on an old Macbook Air, so has anyone else seen the issue? Is it time to ditch Firefox for good?

Cheers
    Pentax K3, K100D Super, Sigma 18-50, Takamur-A 28-80, Pentax DA 50-200, Sicor 80-200, Tamron 2X teleconverter

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with Firefox I use it all the time.
    I have just tried it out on Notifications, What's New, Searches, and Forums and they are all good, so sorry cannot help with your problem.

I shoot with Canon and Olympus Cameras.. And My iPhone SE
    And sometimes a Little Old Panasonic DMC-TZ7

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liney. I - and this is strange for me to say - can happily report that FFox has been working fine on my
    Win10 system for some months now. But to check it, try using another browser. Do you still have Safari?
    If not, try another, like Chrome (even) or Pale Moon. Mind you, even if they work OK and FFox still does
    not, then it may still be due to something other than FFox itself.

Pale Moon, BTW, is a stablemate (horse-wise) of FFox.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, cannot say I have ever seen this either.

You can start firefox without all the add-ons. Try that and see what happens.

In firefox, click in the three horizontal lines (top right of browser window). Look down the menu that appears for 'help' Click the arrow to the right of that. There is an option to 'restart with add-ons disabled'. do that. See if AP still gets grey boxes or not. If not, then it is an add-on for firefox causing the issue. It is not uncommon for an add-on to be updated and cause problems. The trick is to then find out which one. It can be time consuming, but you do the same as above, but rather than click Help, click on Add-ons. Then you can disable them all. Test AP, then enable ONE, test AP, then enable one more, Test AP... you might eventually find the one causing the issue, then you can decide to disable or remove it.

As Am says, you can also trying another browser to see what happens.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses, so it is only me!

I'll trial another browser and see what happens, cheers