Just curious to see if anyone has a quick-fire answer to this. Not massively important if I get no bites, but I'm curious.

So in 2010/2011 I went on a roadtrip as I was commonly doing at the time due to a job I had shutting down over the Christmas / New Years period. For four years in a row I went on these awesome roadtrips, which, to this day, are the only things I really miss about life before kids. Wouldn't change it... but jeez I loved my solo roadtrips with essentially just a camera and a surfboard. Good times.

Anyway, 2010/2011 was the first time I took - at the time - my wife's DSLR out on a roadtrip. It was also a time in my life when I thought HDR images were the raddest thing ever so I pretty much took three exposures of every single photograph I took and at the end of the holiday, just Photomatixed them all together and created a horrific album, thinking it was awesome.

The upside of the story is that I "recently" discovered I still had all the original shots. All JPEG, but that's not important to me. I was just happy to have the base exposures all there, available for me to revisit them and un-HDR the trip. I was happy about it, until I saw how bad the photos are, lol. Talk about polishing dog shi- shoes. Polishing dog shoes.

Anyway, again, to get to my point. There's really not many keepers in this lot, but something I've noticed that I cannot explain is... if and when I have taken any single exposures (which was very, very rare - including selfies and photos of wildlife) the exif data seems to be pretty sensible; around ISO 100, f/10, 1/250s. Not across the board, but seems pretty similar most the time.

However, the thing I just started to notice is that every single triple exposure set of bracketed shots I have taken are at a variable shutter speed depending on the time of day, and a variable f/stop, also depending on the time of day (f/3.5 for dawn shots and f/20 in the middle of the day) but the ISO is stuck on ISO 1000 the whole time. Every single bracketed shot I took is @ ISO 1000.

So it's probably pretty obvious to switched-on folk out there, but what setting would I have been using? Obviously not Tv (Shutter priority) or Av (Aperture priority)... but obviously a setting where I had unknowingly, and stupidly set the ISO to 1000 and never noticed or understood what I was doing. On the Canon 40D, would it be a setting like P (Program?) I'd have set it on for the duration of the trip (except single exposures?) to get these results?

Anyway, like I said, silly and pointless question. But I am curious if anyone knows what a stupid, young and reckless version of myself might have done?