User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Z 6 or Z 7 user experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Z 6 or Z 7 user experience

Was wondering if any one would like to share their experiences with the new Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our local Camera House had a mini trade expo for birthday anniversary last week, one brand rep and one accessory rep each day. Nikon guy had a Z7 we could play with. Not having used or looked at Mirrorless before the EVF looked impressive. A little jerk if you pan/tilt too quick but still pretty impressive with what you are seeing in it.

That's pretty much my experience with them. I am interested in the Z6.

On the down side after listening to the rep, Nikon just don't care if third party lens don't work on there FTZ adaptor. With Nikon that day was the Blonde Robot rep who just happened to have the new Tamron 15-30 f2.8 G2 lens, with a Nikon mount. One of the Camera House workers tried the lens on the Z7 using the FTZ adaptor and go an error reading on the Z7. The Blonde Robot was certain with a Firmware update the lens will work on the Z Series cameras. Just something to be aware of with the Z Series cameras.
    Cheers Al

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many using the Z with the adaptor or have you native lens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Let me tell you a story. Was in at our local Camera House picking up the bride's new camera and guys there know I am looking at the Z6. He asks me a 'serious' question. Are you serious about getting a Z6? Yeah. Have you seen the latest catalogue special? Yeah. No the one from the 1 to 4 August? Nah. When the catalogue first came out the Z6 was $2999 then down to $2799 and now for four days $2379.15. You have my interest now.

The store was busy as for a Saturday morning so we went for a quite cuppa to check, think and contemplate. Went back, still busy till just before closing at 1pm. Decided to get Z6 body with FTZ adaptor. Saving nearly $700.

Only have a few Nikon lenses and the main one I like using is the 16-35 f4. Long sad story but it doesn't auto focus anymore and still doesn't with the Z6 but found the process of manually focusing probably easier with the Z6 and using the rear screen. The 70-200 f2.8 worked as usual.

The Z6 will take me a bit of getting used to. Like taking unplanned photos as I touched the rear screen. A bit shell shocked at present as getting the Z6, while I would have liked one, was not something I had thought I would be getting so spontaneous. I guess now I can look at lenses and filters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am interested in your probs with the 16-35. My 16-35 recently became a bit loose around the top section, then the top section literally came off in my hand. The same thing happened with my 28-300 a couple of years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Robert View Post
    Am interested in your probs with the 16-35. My 16-35 recently became a bit loose around the top section, then the top section literally came off in my hand. The same thing happened with my 28-300 a couple of years ago.
    Sadly I had a couple of mishaps with the lens, my dumb luck fault so I have had to wear the consequences. Thankfully I knew who to do things manually.