Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lisa Saad, Melbourne Photographer (AIPP runner up) : Oops

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    I can't see her finding a silver lining anywhere here. I think she's basically screwed!

I think you've misunderstood the implication I've made Bob.
    I'm thinking now, she'll try to use the 'sympathy card' trick, whereby she'll claim she's been under stress or whatever carp excuse .. etc, etc.

Like one post questioned above .. she needed a crowdfunding scheme to create a book to sell?
    Surely a pro of her stature, with so many awards under her belt could easily generate interest in a product like that without resorting to crowdfunding?

I think there's more than enough data out now to allow us a fairly accurate indication of her personality type.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post

It's not like she accidentally did this, which would be a totally different situation.
    SHE deliberately flouted the rules, so there's intent in her work. You can't accidentally add commercial clip art, and other peoples art into your own work.

No sympathy!!
    Well said! I'm with you on this one.

In every field I've competed in, there is always someone prepared to win at any cost. They lie, cheat, and do anything to win. I do not understand them, and I'm sorry, I cannot give them any sympathy. I'll reserve that for their victims.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmmax View Post
    Well said! I'm with you on this one.

In every field I've competed in, there is always someone prepared to win at any cost. They lie, cheat, and do anything to win. I do not understand them, and I'm sorry, I cannot give them any sympathy. I'll reserve that for their victims.
    The latest in the Lisa Saad ordeal:

AIPP disqualifies Lisa Saad image from National Awards, the APPA's:

http://www.capturemag.com.au/latest/...ards-the-appas

Images disqualified from the Societies Photographer of the Year competition and qualifications:

https://thesocieties.net/blog/2019/0...qualifications

PetaPixel:

https://petapixel.com/2019/02/13/awa...ealing-photos/

InsideImaging:

https://www.insideimaging.com.au/201...ified-by-aipp/
    Last edited by iphotograph; 19-02-2019 at 9:30am.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iphotograph View Post

Images disqualified from the Societies Photographer of the Year competition and qualifications:

As an Australian forum, you will find most members here are being informed quite well. It is being discussed a lot in Australia.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day iphotograph and welcome to AP. I hope you can get involved here as seeing photos from somewhere other than Australia would be occasionally refreshing.
    But ATM I'm really interested as to why you should suddenly turn up here to update us on Lisa's stuff???? Do you really think you can influence anything by posting here? Did you get duded in one of the comps Lisa won?
    Now since you are here maybe you can take the time to post some photos for us to look at? I'd be really happy if you were into birds.
    Quote Originally Posted by iphotograph View Post

PetaPixel:

https://petapixel.com/2019/02/13/awa...ealing-photos/

InsideImaging:

https://www.insideimaging.com.au/201...ified-by-aipp/
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this mean I have to return the award she gave me in our club competition last year?

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome! Sorry to post such negative news about a fellow photographer on my first post here. Was not my intention to fan the flames but only to share information. I have had several of my images stolen in the past by real estate agents, brokers, mortgage companies, etc. and it is a sore subject to me personally. My apologies!

Yes, I am into shooting wild birds as a pastime when not shooting properties. I would love to show a few but most were lost late last year when my external storage device bit the dust. They were not able to be recovered. I will hunt around online and see if I can find a few in any of my online ports. I also shoot swimsuit, landscapes, severe weather, and scenics when I have a chance. And just recently I have started messing around with aerial video.

I do have a couple of links to some of my real estate work if you care to take a look. It is a workflow that I worked on for nearly four years to try and perfect. I discovered by accident a flaw in one of the pieces of software I use to merge my brackets that allows me a lot more control during processing. All the shots in the links below were shot with a 5 shot bracket with a "twist".

https://500px.com/jfertic/galleries/real-estate

https://www.houzz.com/projects/users/jfertic79

The other reasons I joined this forum was because I really liked the layout and I wanted to see actual images shot by locals of Australia. You guys are very lucky to have such great scenery at your doorsteps! I live just North of Tampa Florida and all we have here that is consistent is beach sunsets and heavy weather photography. Most of the better landscapes here in the US is found mostly in our Western Regions.

So thanks again for the welcome! Looking forward to getting more involved in this forum here in the near future!

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Hmmm ... this doesn't lead anywhere (not for me at least).

- - - Updated - - -

It just says "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- - - Updated - - -

It just says "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Yes,same here.
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry. This occurs when I post from my phone sometimes. Will try again.

FB_IMG_1550712967733.jpg

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A big to who discovered and followed though on this. It must have taken so much effort for Lisa to create this false world and I kind of have to wonder why when you always run the risk of being exposed?
    How many others haven't been discovered?

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The 'not admitting guilt' bit got me. She is still refusing to even acknowledge what she has done. Even to Marcel and the other artists she has stolen from, she has not even attempted to explain this.

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    The 'not admitting guilt' bit got me. She is still refusing to even acknowledge what she has done. Even to Marcel and the other artists she has stolen from, she has not even attempted to explain this.
    Exactly, she has handled this very badly. To have the audacity to get her solicitor to write a letter demanding an apology and monetary recompense, knowing full well what she had done over the years, shows both a massive ego and stupidity IMO.
    Glenda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be interesting to see whether she will now receive similar claims , and whether she will be required to return any monetary prizes received .
    Last edited by Ionica; 22-02-2019 at 11:33am.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    Exactly, she has handled this very badly. To have the audacity to get her solicitor to write a letter demanding an apology and monetary recompense, knowing full well what she had done over the years, shows both a massive ego and stupidity IMO.
    Publicly, only a small part of this story is known. A lot is being kept under wraps. Consider this snppet from the AIPP's media release "The Institute also instructed Legal Counsel..". Now consider why would the AIPP need legal counsel unless legal threats had been made against them too? I wonder who might have threatened the AIPP through their lawyer.
    Last edited by ricktas; 22-02-2019 at 8:06pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As some 70+ awards globally have been involved across 6 different awards bodies, this is not isolated just to Australia. This must be seen as an opportunity to further strengthen validity of entries for the benefit of the vast majority of honest and compliant photographers entering photographic awards.

This is going to take a fair bit of work to sort out even now.

However, whilst this sort of cheating is possible no matter what the category, I would have to suggest the heavily manipulated category that seems to be the main issue here would seem to be easier to cheat in. Perhaps this category needs to be reconsidered.

With a body which has the sort standing that the AIPP tries to achieve I would have expected finalists in National or state awards to have been required to provide a copy of the raw file upon reaching the finals.

Bit of extra work but the more professional the actions the more professional the appearance
    Last edited by Boo53; 22-02-2019 at 9:13pm. Reason: added bolding

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo53 View Post
    As some 70+ awards globally have been involved across 6 different awards bodies, this is not isolated just to Australia. This must be seen as an opportunity to further strengthen validity of entries for the benefit of the vast majority of honest and compliant photographers entering photographic awards.

This is going to take a fair bit of work to sort out even now.

However, whilst this sort of cheating is possible no matter what the category, I would have to suggest the heavily manipulated category that seems to be the main issue here would seem to be easier to cheat in. Perhaps this category needs to be reconsidered.

With a body which has the sort standing that the AIPP tries to achieve I would have expected finalists in National or state awards to have been required to provide a copy of the raw file upon reaching the finals.

Bit of extra work but the more professional the actions the more professional the appearance
    I agree John, and interestingly you may recall Ken Duncan in 2016 having quite a lot to say about this style of Art. He argued that it is not photography and therefore should not be part of the AIPP or if it was, it was a completely separated category that could not win overall 'Photographer of the Year'. He received a lot of support for his views at the time, but the AIPP powers that be chose to ignore. As the fallout from Ms Saad's efforts reverberate around the planet, we may see changes ahead in regards to this.

Personally, I think, if the AIPP and other bodies (internationally) do not treat this seriously and review current status-quo then they will continue to lose memberships and become less important in the scheme of things. My understanding is the AIPP currently has less than 2000 members (this was stated by an AIPP member this past week, elsewhere on the web).

https://procounter.com.au/2016/09/08...-manipulators/

https://www.facebook.com/kenduncanph...3702019366433/
    Last edited by ricktas; 23-02-2019 at 8:31am.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123