User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10

Thread: I got an OM-!MD for Christmas (Sort of)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got an OM-!MD for Christmas (Sort of)

OK, so I did not get an actual vintage Olympus OM-1MD camera. I am being cheeky using this category of post.

My wife was very excited leading up to Christmas, telling me that she was looking forward to giving me a really cool present. It is in fact cool and unusual. It is a framed technical/engineering pencil drawing of an old Olympus SLR. I assume it would be a school project. My wife frequents Op shops and garage sales and very much enjoys picking up ephemera, let me call it.

Many years ago when I was in high school I did subjects called "Technical Drawing" and "industrial Arts", which in later lifetimes would have been called Engineering Science or "Technical and Applied Studies" or Design something-or-other. So there is further relevance in that I did vaguely similar drawings in both pencil and ink. For the youngsters out there, this was before Computer Aided Drawing was around.

Also, by now most onlookers will have seen the drawing creator's name in the title block. I seriously doubt that this particular Mark is either Tubby or a cricketer. The timeline certainly does not match!

Whoo-hoo I sort of got new gear!
    Attached Images Attached Images