Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  28
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Philosphical question

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liney. Did you think it was a great taste of wine like I did? - Er..., - waste of time
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ameerat

When they went round the room discussing the results of the self assessment, I pointed out my characteristics were advantageous in some scenarios when a job needs to be done in a certain way and there is no compromise on the details. In my current role (safety engineering) I need to enforce certain standards of behavior and rigour, but sitting there for the next day and a half listening to everyone trying to work out how to change their behaviors to get their scores into the green and blue sectors I really though the whole thing was a waste of time designed to make everyone happy clappy and acting in the same way.
    Pentax K3, K100D Super, Sigma 18-50, Takamur-A 28-80, Pentax DA 50-200, Sicor 80-200, Tamron 2X teleconverter

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liney View Post

When they went round the room discussing the results of the self assessment, I pointed out my characteristics were advantageous in some scenarios when a job needs to be done in a certain way and there is no compromise on the details. In my current role (safety engineering) I need to enforce certain standards of behavior and rigour, but sitting there for the next day and a half listening to everyone trying to work out how to change their behaviors to get their scores into the green and blue sectors I really though the whole thing was a waste of time designed to make everyone happy clappy and acting in the same way.
    If I might get a tad serious for a moment, none of these personality types are necessarily mutually exclusive. Neither is one "type" necessarily better than the other. The secret perhaps lies in being flexible enough to accommodate differing characteristics and to be capable of accessing those characteristics when it is appropriate to do so.

Nearly half a century ago, I wrote a short poem which was based on the infinite range of personality types, emotions and complexities we manage to contain within ourselves. I reproduce it here out of interest as it is perhaps relevant. Feel free to move quickly past and pretend you never saw it!

A picture
    Can inspire
    A sense of beauty;
    Of joy;
    Of disgust;
    An infinity of emotion.
    But seldom
    All of these
    In one image.
    A person
    Can inflame
    An infinity of emotion;
    But not as a picture.
    A person is unique.
    A person can embody
    All emotions
    In the same frame.

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That makes a lot of sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12