User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  22

Thread: Hot as today !!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot as today !!!!

Hot as the proverbial in FNQ today ... feathers looks like we are level pegging with the temps
    Its hotter elsewhere, some places are recording 42 - 43 temps ....
    Aircon for me and the dog today

Temp46681509_10217179334906091_7085391691191943168_n.jpg

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch!

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phew - I hope the 26% humidity makes it a little more bearable.

Take care and keep hydrated.

Cheers

Dennis
    Dennis

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Ouch!
    Yep !!! It got up to 41.6 !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nardes View Post
    Phew - I hope the 26% humidity makes it a little more bearable.

Take care and keep hydrated.

Thanks .... It did I think and now we are getting a bit of a storm .... No rain as yet
    Cheers

Dennis

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lols Cargo … I went to work today and of course left the Aircon on for my dogs and my fish tanks hopefully we will get rain soon

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
    Lols Cargo … I went to work today and of course left the Aircon on for my dogs and my fish tanks hopefully we will get rain soon
    We ended up getting a bit of rain down here (Gordonvale area) and its still rumbling but the rain has stopped
    One blessing though the temps have plummeted

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take 40 degrees and 26% all day long. It's the typical (for this time of year in FNQ) 35 degrees and 95% than knocks me round. Very hard to take.

But I suppose it's what you get used to: here in the south we mostly get a dry heat and are accustomed to it. Mind you, low humidity or not, 40 degrees is still bloody hot!
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's simple really. I think you should pull up stumps and move to Mudgee.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of 40 degree days in Mudgee, unless I moss my guess.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    I'll take 40 degrees and 26% all day long. It's the typical (for this time of year in FNQ) 35 degrees and 95% than knocks me round. Very hard to take.

But I suppose it's what you get used to: here in the south we mostly get a dry heat and are accustomed to it. Mind you, low humidity or not, 40 degrees is still bloody hot!
    Wasn’t sure enough to comment as I know heaps about nothing, but I also thought the humidity was very appealing.

I remember visiting Port Douglas /Cairns region in February and as hot as the air temp was, the humidity must have been knocking on one hundred percent’s door, and that was just lethal. Not felt anything like that, including Thailand, which would rate a sweaty second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that will melt your icecream! I’ll be fine down here in Sydney with the dust and wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer the humidity I think ... The dry heat is life sapping

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    It's simple really. I think you should pull up stumps and move to Mudgee.
    Sorry Mark Ain't gonna happen ... way to dry for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff79 View Post
    Wasn’t sure enough to comment as I know heaps about nothing, but I also thought the humidity was very appealing.

I remember visiting Port Douglas /Cairns region in February and as hot as the air temp was, the humidity must have been knocking on one hundred percent’s door, and that was just lethal. Not felt anything like that, including Thailand, which would rate a sweaty second.
    You love it or hate it .... I'm a lover of it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dan05 View Post
    Wow that will melt your icecream! I’ll be fine down here in Sydney with the dust and wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'll be testing that out today

- - - Updated - - -

And we are in for round 2 today ..... Predicted to be hotter than yesterday !!!!
    One of my neighbours lost a heaps of chooks yesterday and the flying foxes that roost in the city are falling from the trees dead
    Also one of the vets reported losing 4 dogs to heat stress ....
    Its pretty full on .... Stay cool and hydrated all you North Queenslanders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently visited our younger daughter in Darwin, and found it more than hot enough ( c. 35 , and hot nights ) . Decided going there for Christmas there would not be happening. Much prefer cooler weather.
    Last edited by Ionica; 27-11-2018 at 11:07am.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Plenty of 40 degree days in Mudgee, unless I moss my guess.
    It is not overly common here and less humidity compared to Queensland helps also. Maybe 5 or six days over summer hit 40 degrees. As things heat up it is becoming more common though.
    Last edited by Mark L; 27-11-2018 at 10:48pm.

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indoor and air-con is definitely the way to go Cargo. Hot here also and combined with the hazy, smoky skies from the nearby fires it feels even hotter and like you are breathing through a piece of muslin. Our humidity is about 88% and that's the killer for me.
    Glenda

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think of Mudgee, probably rather unfairly, as a hot place simply because of the first time I visited. It was early summer and very hot n inland NSW. I'd driven a long way and stopped in Mudgee for lunch. Hot, hot, hot. I went down to the river and slept badly and uncomfortably under a tree for a little while, then staggered into action and had a bit of a go at photographing your friendly local kingfisher. Eventually, rested but not much refreshed, I drove on. I don't think it would have been 40 that day, probably 37 or 38.

Two or three degrees doesn't sound much, but there is quite a difference between 37 and 40. And going from 40 to 42 hits you like a hammer.

One of these days - it could be this year - you'll get a bad heat wave like the one we had on Black Saturday when Melbourne hit 46 and even notoriously cold Ballarat went over 44, and it will be seriously nasty. 46 degrees? 48? God help the wildlife in the nearby forests when that happens. And I do mean "when", not "if". Only a matter of time now.

Yet we still have a disgraceful do-nothing government desperately pretending that climate change doesn't exist. Fondling lumps of coal and and finding every excuse imaginable to delay, avoid, and downright cheat, and pointing at everyone but themselves.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    Indoor and air-con is definitely the way to go Cargo. Hot here also and combined with the hazy, smoky skies from the nearby fires it feels even hotter and like you are breathing through a piece of muslin. Our humidity is about 88% and that's the killer for me.
    Its cooled a little now although the humidity is much higher .... I hope you and yours are all safe from the fires ravaging you part of the world Glenda.
    Its been a week of extremes country wide ... Sydney flooding this morning !!

- - - Updated - - -

Two or three degrees doesn't sound much, but there is quite a difference between 37 and 40. And going from 40 to 42 hits you like a hammer.

One of these days - it could be this year - you'll get a bad heat wave like the one we had on Black Saturday when Melbourne hit 46 and even notoriously cold Ballarat went over 44, and it will be seriously nasty. 46 degrees? 48? God help the wildlife in the nearby forests when that happens. And I do mean "when", not "if". Only a matter of time now.

Yet we still have a disgraceful do-nothing government desperately pretending that climate change doesn't exist. Fondling lumps of coal and and finding every excuse imaginable to delay, avoid, and downright cheat, and pointing at everyone but themselves.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much every time I’ve been to Mudgee it’s been on the verge of snow! Not sure I ever went there or Hill End any time near summer...

Good story.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff79 View Post
    Pretty much every time I’ve been to Mudgee it’s been on the verge of snow! Not sure I ever went there or Hill End any time near summer...

Good story.

Snow and dry heat !!!! My worst nightmare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was driving into Longreach on the day, 40+ and a strong wind. The weather could be described as "fan oven"
    Pentax K3, K100D Super, Sigma 18-50, Takamur-A 28-80, Pentax DA 50-200, Sicor 80-200, Tamron 2X teleconverter