@AK83

I think my problems are that I know what I want to do but get lost doing them. The names of features are not what I expect or want them to be. I just get confused and carppy on both GIOMP and PS when I had that a very long time ago.

I downloaded the NIkon software. One of them was only a viewer and no good for me at all. That is the one I had twice previously but the software is not for what I need anyway.

They other one I have retained and yes, you do WB and the basics first and then convert to TIFF for the finishing in GIMP so it should be ok once I get accustomed. But I still have to seriously address my lack of skills in GIMP.

My PC is a desktop, think its 3.2 Dual Core with a 1TB Hard Disc. I run 8G of RAM but really would like 16G. I normally work in Firefox so I can used some addons I have used for many years.

I think that any issues at my end are MY issues and not the tools. I just need practise, which I am doing and having fun doing so..... it's just a very big learning curve. But I am getting there and will get there ! Just not as fast as I would like (lol).

Cheers.