Thread: Car Show - Proposed Shoot

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car Show - Proposed Shoot

There is a car show on in 10 days and it is based in a local shopping centre in a very big carpark.

I have no experience at all, so hopefully someone can either guide me to some links that can assist or perhaps just answer a few basic questions:

• The show starts at 6pm and runs until 10pm, so it is towards sunset and then into nightime. The carpark is apparently just finishing an upgrade with fully new lighting. What should I know or anticipate regarding the lighting, settings on the camera etc?
    • Would I be better using the 24mm lens or taking the AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II, or take both. I just don't like changing lens walking around, I'm scared of dropping one.
    • Obviously I will shoot in RAW and Jpeg, try different settings etc and have fun.
    • I have never really used a flash before ( Not counting the old 110 cameras) and only have the inbuilt flash on the D2200. So i need a simple approach or plan because this could be an issue even under carpark lighting.

Is there anything simple and vital that I should know because I would hate to miss out on taking photos of some great cars because of something simple that I missed or did not know about.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and like I said, any specific links or articles that you know of would be a huge help.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Snooks; 17-10-2018 at 12:53am.
    I use a Nikon D200 and a Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens . I do most of my editing in Gimp 2.10

My friends refer to me as "Snooks"