User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  9

Thread: Field Trip - Interesting, Dissapointing & Enjoyable all at once.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Field Trip - Interesting, Dissapointing & Enjoyable all at once.

Well yesterday Taylor and I went up to Knapsack gully just to shoot some photos and have a bit of fun. My eldest son Tim decided he had to come because he was concerned about me having any health issues (he is a worry wart), I guess we were there and back in around 45mins, because it is literally 6 minutes from my house.

Taylor did most of the photos and I think that we shot about 50 or so. Some turned out ok, some are quite good potential and some are not so good. She enjoyed doing the shoot so that was good, I had fun and Tim shot some with his iphone.

That is what is annoying

1. If the intention was to have fun, that's great and it was 10/10
    2. If you wanted to look immediately at photos, being able to say they are awesome, then it was 3/10
    3. Looking for potential good photos after doing post-op editing via software I think would be 7/10
    4. The time out with the eldest son and daughter - that was priceless

Now Tim came home with some bloody great photos, some awesome panoramic shots, everything in perfect focus, colours and contrasts are all good and he achieved every goal on the trip. All on a damn push and point device called an iphone.

I really found this very annoying.

I shot in RAW, my computer is certainly very slow in manipulating images of this size and the time involved because of the learning curve in the software, is enormous.

So it is great fun, the end results of doing DSLR images are awesome because you can be so proud in what you have done, I guess I am just a bit annoyed and disappointed that Tim just walks over, pushes the button on his phone and gets an instant image which is 30 times better than mine.

Is this a normal feeling? I guess i am jealous (lol).

Cheers Guys
    Last edited by Snooks; 01-10-2018 at 11:17am. Reason: Typos - Spelling
    I use a Nikon D200 and a Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens . I do most of my editing in Gimp 2.10

My friends refer to me as "Snooks"