User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: 1st Experiement with Nikon 200D by a newbee.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st Experiement with Nikon 200D by a newbee.

So today I ventured into the garden for my first attempt at taking a manual photo. I've only had the camera a week or so and spent some time reading on here, looking at you tube videos etc and it sounds so easy. I guess on auto it is so i took some on auto and then had fun on manual.

The subject matter is pretty unexciting but i had fun taking some images of a pruned rose branch in the garden. I just took a photo and then changed the f stop and took one then just fiddled with different shutter speeds etc and it was fun, the differences were quite apparent, but i guess you all know that

I'm editing using GIMP and have a basic understanding but have never had to venture deeper than cropping, rotating and very basic colour changes and erasing some things. WOW, it seems harder to do than taking a photo. Is there anything special I should practise or learn first, regarding editing with GIMP, to improve photos? What would be the most common functions you use when working on photos?

Yeh...... this photography stuff is pretty cool
    Last edited by Snooks; 22-09-2018 at 5:07pm.
    I use a Nikon D200 and a Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens . I do most of my editing in Gimp 2.10

My friends refer to me as "Snooks"