User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Lightroom Export and EXIF Data

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightroom Export and EXIF Data

This question stems from another thread in forum regarding finding EXIT data on posted shots. Thanks to Markl I now have added a program on Chrome to enable EXIT data to be read when available.

What I have discovered is that on my more recent shots on forum and in jpegs on PC I have the basis EXIT only. This has actually come about after starting to use LR for PP. Previously PP was done with DPP and EXIT Data was more complete. While this is not a huge issue and for me on PC I can now always just go back to the originals. However on post to this site a couple of bits are missing (eg. Lens info and Exposure Program). These such items can be useful info when commenting or in just wanting to know. I know it is something that I can now look at in others in trying to learn more.

Is there any way of getting a more complete set of EXIT data exported with jpegs from LR?

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For LR ---? But is should act rather like Photoshop as both are by Adobe.

You retain Camera data in your EXIF when you do a Save As... If you do a "Save for Web", then I understand that you need to
    tick a box somewhere to retain Camera Data in EXIF, otherwise just the Adobe actions are recorded in EXIF.

On top of that, some EXIF reading programs do give you a cut-down set of info, but usually that basic camera info is recorded.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 14-09-2018 at 6:20pm. Reason: Multiple fix "spalling"...
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    For LR ---? But is should act rather like Photoshop as both are by Adobe.

You retain Camera data in your EXIF when you do a Save As... If you do a "Save for Web", then I understand that you need to
    tick a box somewhere to retain Camera Data in EXIF, otherwise just the Adobe actions are recorded in EXIF.

On top of that, some EXIF reading programs do give you a cut-down set of info, but usually that basic camera info is recorded.
    Thanks ameerat - Yes for LR. It is giving most important EXIF but does seem to miss some.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SB...
    From a bit of reading ??later the other day?? there is apparently a setting in LR that talks about
    "minimising embedded metadata..." Apparently you need to UN-check this setting to keep all the
    metadata (~EXIF) in the exported files.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ameerat I will go chasing it.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While all the details are in the photo different Exif viewers seem to provide different information. Try a couple of other Exif viewers for Chrome and see if they offer more. First google option may not always be best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the same problem when using LR and the complete Exif data is not saved when I export an image
    I don't have the problem with Photoshop edits and saves
    Is it just a Lightroom thing...
    Last edited by flashc; 18-10-2018 at 12:49am.
    Canon EOS 7D Mk II, Canon 70D, Canon G12, Canon EF-S 15-85mm, EF 70-200 L f4 IS, 580EX II

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a setting in Lightroom. When you select a photo(s) for export, you have various settings as what metadata to include. Here's a screenshot - I selected a photo and right-clicked (Windows PC - not sure how you do it on Macs) and chose export, and then scrolled down, down, down to what you see in the screenshot. I choose 'All Metadata'.

(I hope the attachment worked. Thanks ameerat. - though I don't see ATTACH written anywhere)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bianca; 18-10-2018 at 3:06pm. Reason: fix attachment

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Bianca.

Your attachment didn't take properly . Fix by:

- delete the current ATTACH text in your post and
    - find the image in the Assets pane again, drag it to the Attachments pane, and
    - tick it and Insert Inline again.