My wife and I were lucky enough to do a 15-day trip around Tasmania in March. We got to see a lot of Hobart, Mt Wellington, down to Huonville the coast back up to Hobart, Port Arthur, most of the east coast including Bicheno, Freycinet, Bay of Fires and up to St Columbas falls. We then came back via Ross, Launceston, Cradle Mountain, Strahan, Derwent Bridge, Mount Fields National Park, and Hobart. A great trip!

As luck would have it, I need to go to Hobart again in early September for a work conference. I have organised for the old bird to accompany me and we are spending a week after the conference to visit the north and north west. So far my itinerary is spend two nights in Hobart at the conference and then:

Saturday - Drive from Hobart to Launceston and overnight in Launcseton.
Sunday - Drive from Launceston to Bridport. Play golf and stay at Lost Farm.
Monday - Drive from Bridport to Stanley and spend two nights in Stanley visiting Arthur River, Dismal Swamp, etc.
Wednesday - Two nights at Cradle Mountain - hoping to see snow (being a Queenslander this is a rare treat).
Friday - back to Hobart via the Lakes / Highlands district.

Just wondering if the locals can point me in the direction of any highlights in this part of Tassie at this time of year. It will be early September 6-15 so unfortunately I may be too early for the tulips, etc.