Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthy View Post
    I know. I am very proud. It started me thinking that I should start a post about the most useless photographic item that you have bought, or even more likely, been given by a well meaning person who knows nothing about photography.

I was given a dice-sized spirit-level that I can put on the camera hot-shoe. That's pretty useless. I was also given a Kodak tripod that had big yellow plastic knobs all over it that squeaked when you tightened them and gradually and inevitably loosened. I actually took that to my first photography lesson and received very odd looks.

But I have also bought some garbage myself. A shoulder sling strap that screws into the base of the camera sounded great but has no practical use. A cheap battery pack that takes two batteries seemed to make sense and importantly made my D5100 look like a big tough full frame DSLR but in reality it is easier to just carry an extra battery in my pocket. A cheap nifty 50 that needs manual focus when I could have spent another $100 and got auto-focus. Filters, filters, filters...

Not to mention useless software. Landscape Pro! What was I thinking?

Anyone else willing to admit to buying less than worthwhile products?
    This probably needs to be the first post in a new thread I reckon. Not many people will find this here.
    So for wider comments how about starting that new thread here .... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...php?117-f-stop

I reckon there's some stories to be had.
    Last edited by Mark L; 12-08-2018 at 10:49pm.