My son is attempting a fresh install of his Adobe CC suite on a new Windows 10 laptop. The installation fails during the first step, even before downloading the suite of apps.

When downloading the Adobe CC Desktop App, the download stops and either an "Unknown Error occurred" or "Error P50" results. According to both the Adobe website and dozens of user forums, this error usually occurs after a failed update or re-installation, but also during an installation. If I understand this correctly, the most common cause is existing Adobe files triggering a problem with the installation.

This confuses me because this is a fresh install on a very lean Windows installation. The download looks exactly like that - a download, with a progress bar and estimated completion time. It does not look like some sort of simultaneous download-and-install. But perhaps it is. This would explain why existing CC files are a source of a problem. The consensus advice is to download and run Adobe CC Cleaner Tool and try again. So I have told my son to try this and I'm waiting for the results.

After searching for solutions and reading countless complaints about Adobes slow servers, convoluted , inefficient processes and lack of information available during downloads, I find myself wondering why Adobe makes life with it's products so difficult. I'll be avoiding use of the Creative Cloud for some time based on this painful experience.

Rant over for now.