User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Good monitor for photography in 2018?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Back to Basics
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good monitor for photography in 2018?

I currently have an LG IPS LED monitor (27" resolution 1920x1080 - resolution is probably not ideal for the size of the monitor). I also have a Spyder 5 for colour calibration. My desktop is an HP Envy - which is getting a bit long in the tooth, which means the graphics capabilities aren't that crash hot. I don't like using the laptop when processing photos because they are too small. Default colours are also dodgy, but that's sorted with mine because of the Spyder. What's not sorted is the colour on the monitor. When I do a calibration I have a few issues with the monitor:

• The Spyder wants the white balance set to blinding
    • No matter what the calibration does, the monitor ignores the profile

I don't know if these are deficiencies in the Spyder, the monitor, or both. (Or the operator! )

So, I'm looking for a recommendation for a current model monitor that's good for photography. Not the Eizo's - they're out of my price range at the moment, something a bit more reasonably priced.
    Last edited by CherylB; 30-06-2018 at 12:32pm. Reason: fix grammar
    Cheryl B.

My Stuff... Canon 6D ~ Canon Speedlite 580EXII x 2 ~ Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro ~ Canon 50mm f1.8 ~ Canon 17-85mm f4-5.6 ~ Canon 16-35mm ~ Canon 70-200mm f2.8 ~ Photoshop CC ~ Lightroom Classic CC