24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impending Disaster!

Which would be worse...
    a) That overdue comet hit?
    b) DEvolving into this missing link?

It begins:
    "A study has found "complex benefits" associated with taking one image per day and sharing it with an online community."

And it's by "some university", but wait - there's more:
    "Photo-a-day is not a simple and uncomplicated practice; rather it is the complex affordances and variance within the practice that
    relate it to well-being. We conclude that this practice has multi-faceted benefits for improving well-being."

(I'm OK now. - I've had my barf )
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How is "These "multi-faceted benefits" included decreased loneliness due to interaction with the online community, increased exercise and other self-care,.." a bad thing? Seems like a good thing for some.
    Just because we don't get into this stuff AM doesn't lead me to your
    One day I might just get a mobile phone/device so that I can take photos with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess we need more info to how they conducted the research? (haven't read article yet, maybe they already explain, will have to read another time)

Like our photo gatherings getting us out there, fresh air, exercise, that is positive
    Or even if a goal to get out and shoot something, that's being active and positive

But at the same time, the sheer idea of 'a photo a day keepa the doctor away' honestly sounds very silly, which is why I think there needs to be some more context somewhere (again, haven't read article yet, maybe it's already there lol)

I believe they refer to social media, so taking a photo, sharing, and getting likes, I guess this is more for mental health? Getting likes from others, feeling good about it, positive feedback, that's probably what this is all about?
    Last edited by bitsnpieces; 07-05-2018 at 1:52am.
    David Tran
    Sony a55
    Sony DT 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6
    Now sits as an antique as it no longer focuses properly.

Wishlist: Sony RX10iv (or RX10v if it ever comes out)