Hi everyone, new to the forum and enjoying the insight so many of you have shared.

I am a reasonably competent amateur and have been playing around trying to photograph our pets. I have been using my 6d and an old 400d on a 70-200 f4 IS and seem to be getting mixed results in terms of sharpness.

I have been using on a tripod, at around f8, with IS turned off and the centre af point and consistently (on both bodies) getting pretty poor results when i expect them to be really crisp.

In addition, i have also been taking photos handheld (with IS on) in aperture mode and boosting the iso so i can shoot at 1/1000 or even faster. Im still getting crummy looking shots which look like theyre blurry but that doesnt make sense as i still get that outcome veven if i boost right to 1/4000!

Im happy to post some examples (im sure that will help) once i read the instr Ctions on how to do that. In the meantime, can anyone tell me if its probably that i am still getting handshake at 1/4000? (I dont have parkinsons...)

thanks