Hi all,
Just had a quick question regarding an issue I've encountered with how raw files appear when I upload them onto Lightroom 5. I took the attached photos shown below shooting in both RAW and jpeg (the jpeg image is on the left and the RAW image on the right).

However, after uploading the photos from my camera into Lightroom 5 for editing, some of the colours in the RAW file suddenly become overexposed or blown out. In particular this appears to largely affect blue colours (see the blue Christmas lights on the right of the photos). In contrast, this doesn’t occur on the jpeg file when imported into Lightroom and the colours in question look exactly as they should. Additionally, the settings for both the RAW and jpeg files were also almost exactly the same.

This occurs without any alterations made to the RAW file which has confused me as when I looked at it on the camera the photo looked fine and yet it suddenly changed upon upload to Lightroom. I understand that this may be because of the way Lightroom reads and processes raw files that are imported to it. However, is there any way to change its settings to stop these colours from appearing blown out? This is because I would prefer to use the RAW file but I can't because of this issue.

Any help much appreciated, Thanks!

Jpeg example 2.jpgRaw example 2.jpg