Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ta, guys... AK and Tannin. I agree 100%. I only used it (a little bit recently) for some media
    casting -- itself a questionable quause I use FFox MOTT, and when it's slack it desn't
    mind being called Firedog! I will continue to manually clear Chrome History when the mania takes
    me, and completely ignore it MOTT.
    CC, Image editing OK.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    .... I use FFox MOTT, and when it's slack it desn't
    mind being called Firedog! I will continue to manually clear Chrome History when the mania takes
    me, and completely ignore it MOTT.
    Ditto!
    I've had some occasions where Firedog would take up to 30sec between each key press to register that key press!
    Not on all pages/sites tho, so it may have been an issue with the way some pages have been coded too.
    Tried in Chrome and Edge and while still slow on that same site/page ... at least they were a bit more responsive.

So I went looking at reasons why, checked extensions etc, etc.
    Found that unchecking GPU acceleration feature helped a bit .. lot!
    Go to Options scroll down to Performance.
    I've unchecked the use recommended performance mark, set process limit to 1(but may vary that a little as I try different settings), and unticked hardware acceleration(the GPU assistance thing).

AP has mostly been fine when I visit and type replies, but the other site I regularly visit is where I get the 30sec delay with each keyboard stroke! .. at least that's now a thing of the past.

OH! and if you want to check how Firefox is running with some of those settings fiddled with .. before you fiddle, check task manager in the processes tab to see how many threads Firefox uses.
    Pretty sure you'll see it has 5 threads running with the 'use recommended settings' tick mark enabled, and process limit set to 4.
    If you set set the performance level to it's minimum(eg 1 process limit) .. you may still see in Task Manager that firefox still uses 4 processes!
    So setting performance restrictions manually(ie. forcing it to a limit) it may ignore that limit and do it's own thing anyhow!

ps. those settigns are s'posed to improve multiple tabbed browsing performance.
    Of recent times, I reckon I regularly have 10 tabs open in one go, and switching between them, eg. sometimes to compare prices/info/data/specs .. or whatever.
    I've yet to notice any slow down using the minimum performance settings with (say) 10 or so tabs open in one go.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N