Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Dipping the Toe into Mirrorless

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dipping the Toe into Mirrorless

Got a phone call from my mate last week, he had decided to update his Panasonic DMC GX8 to the new GX9 and decided I couldn't do without a mirrorless camera in my collection and was sending the GX8 to me so taking up the challenge and being a little short of folding stuff I took to E bay and found a new Lumix G Vario 45-150mm f/4.0-5.6 Lens being auctioned with a starting price of $90.00 + $20.00 Postage So after doing a few checks on the seller I placed a $90.00 bid with a Max of $140.00 and waited. With a few minutes of the auction to go I sat with my baited breath and finger on the bid button, but it wasn't needed as my initial bid won. Now I am just watching the tracking through Aus Post. The camera complete with 2 batteries and a 16GB SD card arrived yesterday (Thursday) The lens is due on Monday or Tuesday. I downloaded the advanced Manual and have been studying it learning the settings layout ready for the trip to Moama next Friday for the Australian V8 Dirt Modified Title at Heartland Speedway plus some camping along the Murray so there should be plenty of test opportunity's. The 4K Photo setting looks interesting for the Speedway?
    Cheers
    Keith.
    Keith

Canon 400D Gripped, Canon 7D LCD Timer Gripped, Canon 70-200 f2.8L is ii. Canon 2X iii Extender, Canon 50mm 1.8, Sigma 150-500, Sigma 18-250, Sigma 17-50 F2.8, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 90mm Macro, Yonguno YN460 & 460ii Speedlights and a Hanimax TZ 1 Flash, Wireless Triggers ,LED Macro Ringlight, Extension Tubes, 3 tripods, 2 monopods, PS Elements 5 & 10, PSP9 and canon s/ware, various filters and other photographic paraphernalia all packed in a computrecker backpack. NEW:- Panasonic GX8, 45-150, 14mm F2.5. PSE 2018.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the best with your foray to the dark side, mate.