Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Sheep Hills Silos

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheep Hills Silos

I have searched the site for Sheep Hills Silos without success. Has anyone been there to photograph them? I am interested in the access from different angles day & night. Any info will be appreciated.

Alan.
    Filter

EOS R & 16-35 f4 EF, 70-200 2.8 RF
    Olympus OMD-EM1 Mark II 7-14 12-40 40-150 Pro lens.
    EOS 7D Mark II - 70D - Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, 17 - 55 2.8 Lenses

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was Glenda that posted some a few months ago.

I was out there back in Nov, but too busy with other stuff to have any time to poke around.
    Actually passed again in the Xmas-NY break period, but at nighttime. Had the idea to poke around and see if they'd come up as a night time session, but no moon(cloudy) so not worth the detour if it was likely to not work out.

Did you see Glenda's thread?
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have a 'Silo Trail' now, Alan. (of course they do )

Here's a quickmap from the ABC...

More info from 'Visit Vic'...

And, if you use something like the The Photographer’s Ephemeris (TPE) you could get sunrise/sunset/moon times and where the sun/moon will be at the time of ya visit.
    (I'm sure you've researched all of that, but just in case)

Must do it myself one day, but this year seems to be filling up so fast

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted silo photos in architecture but under 'painted silos of Victoria'. The Sheep Hills set is one of the more impressive ones. All my shots were taken during daytime as most are in small towns and we were towing a van through the area. It would be interesting to see them in different light.
    Glenda

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    I posted silo photos in architecture but under 'painted silos of Victoria'. The Sheep Hills set is one of the more impressive ones. All my shots were taken during daytime as most are in small towns and we were towing a van through the area. It would be interesting to see them in different light.
    Thanks Glenda, I missed this post of yours, nice set. With the Sheep Hills silos I noticed there are no fences in the shot, have you got full access to anywhere around them?

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Filter View Post
    Thanks Glenda, I missed this post of yours, nice set. With the Sheep Hills silos I noticed there are no fences in the shot, have you got full access to anywhere around them?
    I remember the front was just a slight hill up from a dirt road we pulled into. I can't remember there being a fence there and I'm sure I remember a family walking up fairly close to get their photo taken in front of it. I didn't bother as I wanted the wide shot. I know you can definitely walk around the first two in my posts with the opposite end silo of #2 having a painting of the farmer's wife. I vaguely remember there being a fence in front of my last photo with the two young teens' portraits.