Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree Jev, thats why I said until recently - meaning the last few years
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI Rick
    I have been shooting in RAW and JPEG as i cant seem to open RAW photo's on my pc, (so shooting in both as a back-up and until i learn enough to go soley RAW). I have CS4 with camera RAW, do i need another program to be able to open the photo's or should that be suffiecent? as at the moment it says it doesn't recognise the file - having no trouble opening the JPEG's though.
    Do i need to download another type of software to be able to open the RAW images?
    Thanks so much
    Nicole

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
    HI Rick
    I have been shooting in RAW and JPEG as i cant seem to open RAW photo's on my pc, (so shooting in both as a back-up and until i learn enough to go soley RAW). I have CS4 with camera RAW, do i need another program to be able to open the photo's or should that be suffiecent? as at the moment it says it doesn't recognise the file - having no trouble opening the JPEG's though.
    Do i need to download another type of software to be able to open the RAW images?
    Thanks so much
    Nicole
    Have you downloaded the latest updates for CS4? When in CS4, go to Help menu and check for updates. Download any/all, repeat till everything is up to date, then try again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Have you downloaded the latest updates for CS4? When in CS4, go to Help menu and check for updates. Download any/all, repeat till everything is up to date, then try again
    Yay it worked THANK YOU> I have downloaded the updates a couple of times and it never worked, this time i just kept re-updating after one finished (maybe the update kept timng out).
    SO excited! Just tried it out, and your right i could get more detail out of the same photo i had taken in JPEG and RAW, still not confident to go RAW on its own yet incase something happens and i cant open them again, glad i have the option to take both at once.
    Thank you again.
    Nicole