Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternative to LR and PS

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks John - it would seem Adobe is just ahead of the competition at the moment. It is a big commitment for me to move away from Adobe software, so I really wanted some feedback from users before I made that decision.

It would seem at the moment I might stick with LR and PS (as least in the short term). It is also interesting to note with the latest update of PS cc the Nik software was disappeared from the menu. I might try and reinstall it but it is a real pain in the neck when this happens on a fairly regular basis.
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Capture One Pro and love it, best RAW conversion program there is, IMO. However, I do use it in conjunction with Photoshop - I convert the RAW files to 16bit TIFF in COP, adjusting all the normal parameters *where required* like Saturation, WB, Exposure, Shadow/Highlight, Level Horizons, Lens Corrections, Masking for Highlight/Shadow and other things, etc. I then open the 16bit TIFF file in Photoshop as there are a few functions I like to do in PS, like use Noiseware plug-in for noise reduction *if required* and once reduced for web view I use Power Retouche plug in for sharpening.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian500au View Post
    It is also interesting to note with the latest update of PS cc the Nik software was disappeared from the menu. I might try and reinstall it but it is a real pain in the neck when this happens on a fairly regular basis.
    This may have something to do with DxO buying the Nik Collection and making them no longer free. https://nikcollection.dxo.com/
    They still work on my installed CS6 but I suspect if you want them on the CC you will have to pay DxO for using them.
    Last edited by Mark L; 18-01-2018 at 11:29pm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcflora View Post
    Yeah, it's quite disappointing as the program looks so promising. I'm in the middle of compiling an email with hopefully constructive feedback for the publisher/developers, that I'll send next week as the trial period draws to a close.

I tried to find a facility on the ON1 website for general feedback by email, but all that I could find was specific tech support contact. I sent feedback anyway because I too think the product has promise. I wanted to avoid a job ticket being generated because I don't think ON1 can provide me with a silver bullet solution to sluggish performance on my system and I understand that job ticket management requires formal resolution to close it off. Anyway, my email has generated a job number, so I'll see what happens. I ensured that the tone of my email was not bitter or angry and included my opinion that the product was promising. I also mentioned that I had read other user's similar experiences of both the 2017 and 2018 releases and that these users had various Operating Systems and hardware.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dazz! - Wait! There's less! Have a look at this link. Isn't it free?
    CC, Image editing OK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12